Can't see database in multiuser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billg

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have Win 7 on my desktop and Outlook 2010 and BCM installed. I also installed Outlook 2010 and BCM on my notebook. BCM on the notebook works fine as a standalone app but I can't connect to the BCM database from my notebook over my wireless network.

I can log in from my notebook as a user to the desktop and go to the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Business Contact Manager\<databasename.mdf> and do a directory listing, so the networking is set up properly I think. But if I do a directory listing I can see the other directories but not the database files. I know they're there because I can see them from my desktop. I have hide files turned off. And when I try to "connect to a remote database" from the laptop it searches but cant find the BCM database on the desktop.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

R

rst75

Did you share the database? You need an account on the desktop using the same name as the laptop's login account (if different than the desktop) and the password needs to be the same as you use to log into the laptop. You can't just browse to the folder and connect over the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.