Can't Send calendar share invite

Status
Not open for further replies.

richw

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hope someone may have a solution. My wife an I each have a computer running WIn10 ver 1709 build 16299.334. We both run Outlook 365 connected to Microsoft Exchange. When I try to share my calendar I end up getting "Error while preparing to send sharing message". Have spent hours looking for answers but most talk about exchange server things and global address lists all of which are way above my computer knowledge. Seems like a simple thing to be able to do, but.... Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards Rich W.

You have two options: share from OWA (recommended, also accept share there) or make sure you select the sharee from the GAL, not from autocomplete. More info at Outlook error: 'error preparing to send sharing message'

Thanks again Diane, you have helped me in the past.
When I try to select the sharee from the Global Addess List by clicking the "To" button, The GAL window pops up, is empty, and an error message box also pops up saying"The requested operation cannot be completed because the operation is not supported on this object". On the Address Book drop down menu I have the choice of GAL (Empty), My email address (Empty), and Contacts (Fully populated) but does not work (original error of this post). I looked at the MFCMapi stuff and could follow the steps I believe, but don't want to screw up and lose anything/everything. I don't know what "Delegates" are if I am able to delete them as shown, and would not have a clue on how to re-add any if I have to. The only reason for not wanting to to do the OWA (which works) is that my wife was fed up with getting two emails of changes or additions to the calendar and they would re-appear all the time after deletion day after day (another subject). She just needs to see the calendar occasionally when desired. So I had removed all sharing and wanted a fresh start from Outlook. It was a simple plan :).

Oh.. you have an outlook.com account, which only shows yourself in the gal - you'll need to share it from outlook.com web - and your wife should accept from the web. This will add it to the mailbox - it won't be editable (yet) - so if she needs to add something to your calendar, she either needs to do it from outlook.com or send you a meeting invitation.

Sharing Outlook.com Calendars

I have the sinking feeling that I'm stuck with OWA. I'll give it a try and hope she doesn't keep getting emails of changes and additions to the calendar. Thanks again Diane (My wife's name also :) ).

She shouldn't be getting update messages - once its accepted via OWA, it will be listed as a subfolder in her mailbox, available in Outlook desktop (read only) and on mobile devices (read/write).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R auto send email when meeting closes from a shared calendar only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Updating existing entry on shared calendar wants to send update from delegate Using Outlook 0
T populate calendar with appointments and send reminders Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2007 Error sharing Calendar: Error while preparing to send sharing message Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
A Outlook 2011 forwards calendar invites using "send as" not "on behalf of" ... Using Outlook 4
A Setting Emails to be send in calendar holidays to group of people Using Outlook 6
K Outlook 2010 'cannot send on behalf of' when changing calendar apointment Exchange Server Administration 0
C Synchronization and taking forever to send Using Outlook 2
D Send on behalf of does not store the base mailbox Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 recipient no longer shows in 'Send To' Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
Geldner Send / Receive a particular group via macro or single keypress Using Outlook 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L How to avoid issues with "Send on Behalf" Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 365 refuses to send email Using Outlook 0
A Change settings Send/receive VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M I cant send emails via Outlook in my W10 PC. Using Outlook 3
K Run a script rule to auto 'send again' on undeliverable emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Outlook creates a copie of every mail I send Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
R How to restrict GWSMO sync to Outlook Send/Receive cycles Using Outlook 0
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
A Unflag Inbox and Flag Inbox with Orange Category After Item is send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
PGSystemTester VBA To Change AppointmentItem.BusyStatus From MeetingItem Before Send Using Outlook 0
C Synchronizing subscribed folders causes hanging during send/receive process Using Outlook 2
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
T After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
B Programmatically force html send and insert clipboard contents into body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
C Send/receive error 80040119 Using Outlook 2
J Send Again NDR Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
B resend if no reply and send an automatic reminder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Send As a Gmail account via outlook Web Using Outlook 3
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2