Outlook 2010 won't save 'current view' with reading pane at 'bottom'

bergonzi237

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi World! I have Outlook 2010 (32bit) and have been using it flawlessly until yesterday when I couldn't even open it! Managed to overcome that problem by insert disc/ repair, and created new profiles, linking them to previous outlook pst. files. Send/receive all working fine! Now, I select reading pane under 'view' to 'bottom' coz that's where I like to see stuff, but no matter what I seem to do, when I close Outlook and re-open it defaults to the reading pane being at the side again. Frustrated , or what? Any ideas please?

bergonzi237

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
When you close Outlook, check Task Manager and see if it's still listed on the Processes tab a few seconds after closing. If so, its not closing correctly and the change is not being saved.
Hi Diane, Thanks for your reply. I have checked this and when Outlook closes there is nothing listed in the processes tab, it closes straight away.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm assuming outlook is not stuck in Safe mode - so try closing it and restarting using the /cleanviews switch. If you have any custom views it will wipe them out though.

Try closing Outlook and restarting with the /cleanviews switch -

In the Start menu, search field (or use Windows key+R to open the Run command), type or paste

outlook.exe /cleanviews

and press enter. Note, there is a space between outlook.exe and the /.

For more info, see

http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner-user/reset-the-view-in-outlook/

bergonzi237

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi Diane, Outlook not in Safe mode. Tried as you suggested, no joy. Best I can get is to select reading pane 'off'. It keeps that when I open up Outlook. It also saves and opens up with 'right' selected. Just when I select 'bottom', it fails to re-open in 'bottom' mode!!!:rolleyes: