Outlook 2010 Address Book, won't stay selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdagne

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I am running Outlook 2010, and have created a new profile. I have several .pst files and an icloud contact list. I can select show this folder as an e-mail address book and it works fine. As soon as I close outlook and reopen, it is no longer selected. I have done a repair on Outlook/Office 2010 and have also created a new profiles and still have the same results. Please help.

clark kent

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Hi cdagne,

Generally, the mentioned issue occurred due to the following given below reasons:

1.) Might be, OAB is not connected to the profile for the service.

2.) Sometimes, after adding the Outlook Address Book as a service, users forget to restart the Outlook.

3.) Outlook profile has been damaged and not able to recognize the OAB services.

(Here: OAB stands for Outlook Address Book)

For More info about this problem, click on the link: [url]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us[/URL]

Thanks

Clark kent

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You changed the setting on a contacts folder to show it as an address book? Was it the iCloud contacts or one of the contacts in a pst file?

Is the iCloud addin enabled? If Outlook disables the iCloud addin but leaves the iCloud data file in the profile, it could be disabled as an address book.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You changed the setting on a contacts folder to show it as an address book? Was it the iCloud contacts or one of the contacts in a pst file?

Is the iCloud addin enabled? If Outlook disables the iCloud addin but leaves the iCloud data file in the profile, it could be disabled as an address book.

cdagne

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi cdagne,

Generally, the mentioned issue occurred due to the following given below reasons:

1.) Might be, OAB is not connected to the profile for the service.

2.) Sometimes, after adding the Outlook Address Book as a service, users forget to restart the Outlook.

3.) Outlook profile has been damaged and not able to recognize the OAB services.

(Here: OAB stands for Outlook Address Book)

For More info about this problem, click on the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us

Thanks

Clark kent
1. The OAB works great on the default database, just not with any additional .pst files or icloud contacts.

2. Already restarted several times, still a no go.

3. the link is for 2007 and earlier not 2010.

Chris

cdagne

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3

Is the iCloud addin enabled? If Outlook disables the iCloud addin but leaves the iCloud data file in the profile, it could be disabled as an address

book.

I have done both, I have several .pst files with contacts, plus icloud contacts. I can select them to show just fine when I send a new e-mail. but when Outlook restarts, the are no longer selected and have to be re-selected in "show this as an outlook contact"

the add-ins are enabled, and stay enabled even after restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about address book in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9
J Customizing Outlook 2010 with Email Address Using Outlook 2
A Adding a 2010 sharepoint contact list to outlook 2010 address book Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 Send from other email address uses account address instead Using Outlook 1
P Copy email address from outlook 2013/2010 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 - Contacts associated with an e-mail address Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 - email address disappears when setting up new contact Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2010 Email address dissapearing in SOME of contacts Using Outlook 2
M Adding [From] Email Address to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
Rupert Dragwater Is there a genuine simple way to move Eudora address to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 - email address disappears when setting up new contact Using Outlook 3
R Change Outlook 2010 Exchange server address via registry or script Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 2010 Crashes from the Global Address List Using Outlook 1
W Send Text Message SMS to Global Address Book Recipient Through Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
J outlook 2010 default email address not loading for new message Using Outlook 1
H Unable to receive emails in Outlook 2010 from webmail address Using Outlook 5
O Office 2010 OCT and Outlook Address Books Using Outlook 4
P How do I access my address book lists in Outlook 2010 so that I can send e mails to group members Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010 difficulty choosing the right contacts in the address book Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2010 Trial Is Up and Now 2007 Address Books Aren't Connecting to Contacts Using Outlook 24
P Outlook 2010 sends calendar invites and replies from wrong email address Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 Address Book - is now a search box Using Outlook 3
U Outlook 2010 - Mail: setting to show email address with sender name? Calendar: decline attendance w/ Using Outlook 2
N Outlook 2010 Clients can't reply to emails or download offline address book? Hosted Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 5
M Outlook 2007 (cached mode), Exchange 2010 - Cant download Offline Address Book Exchange Server Administration 6
B Outlook 2010. Cannot access my Contacts from clicking 'To' butto to find an email send address. Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010: Contacts don't appear in Address Book view unless you search for them Using Outlook 5
B Outlook 2010 fax numbers showing in email "To" (Address Book) Using Outlook 1
D Can I import my archived mac emails and address book to outlook 2010 on my windows pc? Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 Autocomplete Using Name Rather Than Email Address Using Outlook 2
D Corrupted Outlook 2010 Address book Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2010/Exchange 2010 Email address no longer valid Using Outlook 5
G Outlook 2003 displaying x400 instead of E-mail address when viewing Exchange 2010 GAL Exchange Server Administration 6
O convert OE Address book folders/subgroups to Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
V Outlook 2010 - Choose email address for email replies Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 use or lack of Windows Contacts as an Address Book Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 - unable to add a Public Contacts folder as an email address book - 'Outlook Address Bo Using Outlook 1
R Please Help: How to format muti-line address in Excel file before importing to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
G Disable Test Account Settings on new address in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
A Multiple recipients causes interface error and unable to resolve address Outlook 2010 W7 Using Outlook 2
N Outlook 2010 - deleting contacts from address book...they remain in Contacts Using Outlook 1
A OUTLOOK 2010 無法自動完成電郵地址, 及無法指定通訊錄(address book) Using Outlook 1
E Setting up an Email Address in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
D Changed email account in Outlook 2010, but Inbox still reflects old email address and messages Using Outlook 5
D Synchronize Outlook 2010 with new ISP and email address configuration. Using Outlook 1
B contacts not showing up in address book in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
I Outlook 2010 Quick Steps Don't Save (Global Address Book) Using Outlook 3
D Two Accounts with separate address books in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
J outlook 2010 will not attach contacts to address book Using Outlook 2