Outlook 2010 - Keep getting "Corrupted File" Msgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenren56

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have been trying to open Office Suite attachment files in Outlook 2010, but I keep getting a msg that indicates that the file is corrupted. This started happening about a month ago. All attempts to open fhe file from within Outlook have failed. When the file is saved to the desktop, it is able to open from the appropriate Office Suite app. So far, only Office Suite files are impacted.

Forum Admin

Does it work if you start outlook in safe mode? Close Outlook, press windows key + r to open run command, type or paste

outlook.exe /safe

in the run command to start outlook

what antivirus do you use? That is a common cause of problems when email is scanned.

lenren56

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Update to this issue: I went into the affected user's laptop and ran an Office Repair as the issue seems to have partially corrected (Excel is the lone remaining app with the issue). Once the repair completed, restarted the laptop and logged in with a different user's credentials and tried opening an Excel worksheet, but got the same 'file is corrupted' msg. Also, unable to locate any trust settings that deal with the Protected Views within Outlook 2010. Any new thoughts or ideas?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Protected view settings are in Outlook's File, Options, Trust Center *and also* in the application's Trust Center. You need to check both Outlook and Excel's Trust center settings.

If you save the files to the desktop , do they open ok?

Did you test it in Safe mode?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Protected view settings are in Outlook's File, Options, Trust Center *and also* in the application's Trust Center. You need to check both Outlook and Excel's Trust center settings.

If you save the files to the desktop , do they open ok?

Did you test it in Safe mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.