Move Sent Items from server folder to personal folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

massey4

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Right now when I send, reply or forward an email, a copy of it is saved in the "Sent Items" folder on the exchange server. I have a client-only rule that, after I send the message, moves a copy of it to a "Sent Items" folder on the local machine. I would prefer that, rather than making a copy of the message, that the message was actually moved so that it did not also still remain on the server. I do not see a rules option to move the message or delete it from the server after a copy has been moved. Is there a way to accomplish this with rules or a script?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
There is not rule to move - you have two choices: disable the option to save sent message by default and use a rule to save them. This has the same result as a move command. The other option is an itemadd macro that watches the sent folder and moves messages as they hit the sent folder.

The macros at http://www.slipstick.com/developer/code-samples/use-a-macro-to-move-imap-account-sent-items/ can do it. They were designed to move messages in the default sent folder to a folder in another data file.

massey4

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Thanks Diane! I did not realize that the "save a copy of sent/forwarded messages" option is not a prerequisite to the handling of sent/forwarded/replied messages by the rules. At your suggestion I turned off the "save sent messages by default" option and just let the sent-message rule that was already in place continue to do its thing (move any sent message to the local folder) and I now have what I hoped to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
G Macro to move sent items from local folder to IMAP folder Using Outlook 4
R Move sent items emails to hard disk Using Outlook 10
P move mails after send to central mailbox-sent items folder Using Outlook 4
N Outlook - check sent items if messages sent from a specific account move it to another mailbox sent Using Outlook 3
O Rule to move (specific) messages from Sent folder to Specific folder Using Outlook 1
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 2013 - Email Gets Sent - But Does Not Move From Outbox to Sent Box Using Outlook 4
S how to keep "To" when move sent emails to other folder Using Outlook 1
N rule to move sent mail to the deleted folder in outlook Using Outlook 4
O Outlook 2010: Rule to move sent emails doesn't start if I Use "Send To" command on a file on desktop Using Outlook 3
J wireless always allows me to send/receive emails via outlook 2007. recent move to university gives me internet access but no emails can be sent or rec Using Outlook 1
B Create a rule to move emails after being sent to specific domains Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
B Move Sent Email to archival pst folder and mark as read - HOW TO Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
M Move to Folder Using Outlook 1
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 1
C Copy Move item won't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Macro to move all recipients to CC while replying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Commodore Move turns into "copy" Using Outlook 3
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Jennifer Murphy Ctrl+Tab sometimes will not move through text a word at a time Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2016 will not move emails in search results Using Outlook 4
M move to iCloud not working in outlook calendar Using Outlook 12
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Commodore Folders always closed in move/copy items dialog box Using Outlook 3
C Move Outlook 2007 to new PC with Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
C Can't move folder, the folder is full Using Outlook 0
Nadine Rule to move attachments with specific name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Move email items based on a list of email addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 40
T Move calendar invites to new calendar Using Outlook 5
I Automating message move between folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Outlook Rules: Move a Copy Using Outlook 4
K VBA BeforeItemMove event create rule to always move to its folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Move emails of same conversation to same subfolder Using Outlook 6
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
Peter H Williams How to Move Mail item after processing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Move Emails between Folders in Separate Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
E Search for folder by key in subject then move new message to related folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Outlook 2013 Any way to move .OST file to new system? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
O On click,I want to change subject line of selected mail and then reply to particular email and move Using Outlook 3
F "Move to" O365 feature to Outlook client via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Macro to manually move selected emails to network folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Making rule to move email to folder from one O365 domain Using Outlook 1
B Copy/Move Exchange inbox to Pop inbox Using Outlook 4
C Move from Outlook 2007 Enterprise (MOE) to Outlook Pro plus 2007 Using Outlook 1
Cdub27 Move Outlook 2016 Contacts to Other Folders - Extremely Slow !! Using Outlook 6
M code to move selected Outlook contacts to another folder Using Outlook 3
G Favorites panel entries move around after restarting Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1