MIME encoding appearing in body of message

Status
Not open for further replies.

evangel

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Some of my incoming emails have recently appeared as plain text with lots of coding after the message "this is a multipart message in mime format".

The problem appears random in that it does not always occur with any particular sender. Some emails appear OK, some are corrupted.

What antivirus do you use? This is often caused by using Antivirus that installs an outlook addin. If it's fairly frequent you could run outlook in safe mode to see if it happens, but when the problem is less frequent, its much harder to troubleshoot.

What antivirus do you use? This is often caused by using Antivirus that installs an outlook addin. If it's fairly frequent you could run outlook in safe mode to see if it happens, but when the problem is less frequent, its much harder to troubleshoot.

I have been using Iolo Antivirus (System Mechanic) for years but never had this before.

The problem is quite intermittent. Several times one day and then not again for a week or so. Guess I'll just have to persevere....

Thanks,

Duncan

I'm not familiar with that one - it's not on the list of 'installs antivirus add-ins'. Check in File, options, addins - any addins that might point to it? If not, its just general, intermittent corruption and that is very hard to track down, especially when its random. If you can link the problematic messages - all use mac, all use the same mail host, all use the same mail server software, etc, then we have something to go on. (Those three have all been tied to this problem in the past.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Outlook 2016 and S/MIME Using Outlook 1
R S/MIME certificate and Exchange delegates Exchange Server Administration 0
S Outlook 2010 and Multi-Part MIME Messages Using Outlook 2
Commodore Wrapping and wrong encoding Using Outlook 2
P Encoding problems after synchronization with Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
V Encoding problem in subject line Using Outlook 0
S Attatchments on my email opening up as encoding Using Outlook 4
V Latest Changes to form not appearing for some users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I Google Calendar <calendar-notification@google.com> appearing as a duplicate entry Using Outlook 2
Graham Hyman Outlook 2016 Internet Calendars appearing as deleted Using Outlook 4
M tasks in todo list appearing twice Using Outlook 3
T OL2010 Password box keeps appearing. Using Outlook 6
R Room Finder not appearing Using Outlook 2
Jessica .msg file saved in network drive appearing in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
C New emails not appearing until Outlook is closed and re-opened Using Outlook 5
R Problem with Reminder appearing in Inbox Using Outlook 5
E No projects appearing in 'business projects' for bcm Using Outlook 0
A Contacts not appearing either in address book or address list Using Outlook 5
M Rules & Alerts not appearing in the File Tab (outlook 2010) Using Outlook 1
O "Replied" messages not in "sent" box, but are appearing in my "inbox" from me Using Outlook 1
D Saved emails not appearing in draft folder Using Outlook 3
D Problem with images not appearing in emails. Using Outlook 14
H Not all Email folders appearing in Manage E-mail Auto-linking BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Form region not appearing on machines I deploy to? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
G New email account not appearing on mail folder listing Using Outlook 3
W Business Contact appearing in Task BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T the default position of the find dialogue is appearing off the scr Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Reminders keep appearing without being requested BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4