• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

tasks in todo list appearing twice

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
All my tasks are apperaing in my To do list twice. I assume they are the same item as deleting one deletes both and adding one shows two.

I've seen various solutions that involve removing an archive or backup file from a list somewhere but I'm nervous that I'll lose something.

Please could I ask your advice?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If deleting one deletes both, the problem isn't a duplicate copy in an archive. I would start with resetting the view - if its the To-do list on the right, right click on the field names and choose view settings - this screenshot is from 2016, but 2007's is similar.

2018-06-06_23-09-57.png

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Thanks, Diane. It's the To Do List on the left rather than the To Do Bar on the right (maybe i swapped mine over).

I've right-clicked on evrytthing I can think of but can't find a menu option of 'view settings'.

Screenshot 2018-06-07 18.22.40.png
Screenshot 2018-06-07 18.22.40.png

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Definitely duplicates. I'd suggest adding the In Folder field to the view, but it will probably say Tasks for all of them.

Open one task, then press Ctrl+Shift+S to open Advanced Find. Click Browse and you’ll see what folder the task is in. Repeat for the second one. My best guess is they are in 2 different task folders - the to-do list shows all of the task and flagged messages. The individual Tasks folders show only tasks in those folders.