All imported tasks appear in to-do list

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmac1547

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I am testing OTL 2010 (yes, it's old!). I've imported tasks, but they all appear in the todo list as well. i only want certain, very few of them that way. However, I cannot clear the flag without deleting the task. When I tried to create a new task, it also has a flag that makes it appear in the todo list.

I understand that I can flag an email and have it appear in the todo list. That's great. I like that. but a completely cluttered todo list with all those tasks that don't have to be there is a big PIA and a show stopper for me.

My sense is that this is just pilot error, but this pilot is flying blind. Are there any IFR folks out there who can help me? (IFR=instrument flight rules)

The to-do is basically a search folder for everything that is a tasks - flagged messages and tasks. You need a custom view to hide some in the To-do.

Basic steps are here:

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear. Since I'm a real noobie, please bear with me. (BTW, I'm wanting to use OTL just by myself. No other people or devices.)
My understanding is that tasks are things that I I need to do so I add them to the Task list. ToDos are things like emails that need some action on my part, so, by flagging them, they will appear in my Task list.

My issue is that when I did a test import into Tasks via CSV, all of my tasks came across with a flag on them, and, thus, appear in the ToDo list. The list is huge and therefore useless. I only want certain higher priority Tasks to appear in the ToDo list, yet I cannot seem to clear the flag. I can change what the flag represents--today, tomorrow, etc.--but not remove it.

So, what I want to see is just specific Tasks and Emails I've marked (flagged) in the ToDo list. The link you referred me to shows me how to show only Tasks in the ToDo list. I want to just see a subset of the Tasks. Is there a way to remove the flag entirely so that I can start to set the flags as I see fit?

Thanks for hanging in with me on this...

Everything appears on the to-do - both tasks and flagged messages. You can create a custom view to only show flagged email, only show flagged mail + tasks due 'now' etc. But the default To-Do views show all tasks and flagged messages together. Some of the views have filters to show tasks due now, overdue, hide completed etc.

In Step 7, Type task in the Value field. (Or IPM.Task), change task to note or IPM.Note if you want to hide tasks and only show flagged messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Imported Tasks - Pop Up does not work Using Outlook 3
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2013 All imported Mail Rules in error when imported into new profile Using Outlook 5
J Moving Imported folder Using Outlook 2
E To convert imported data to custom fields in Task list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Imported Contact Issues Using Outlook 11
R I have imported a .pst file into my outlook and I cannot locate it. It seems to be in my main Inbox Using Outlook 1
W URGENT Cancel and remove imported pop3 mails Using Outlook 6
A Contacts missing in imported mails Using Outlook 1
cimbian Filtering exclusive imported contacts Using Outlook 3
U Imported contacts to appear in Autocomplete Using Outlook 1
T BCM 2007 to Outlook 2010 with no BCM - need contacts imported BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
G How many contacts can be imported into BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
F Macro to update imported contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
petunia Outlook tasks module sunsetting? Exchange Server Administration 3
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
R unable to filter tasks when start date is on or before today Using Outlook 3
S Sync Outlook (2021) tasks with Microsoft To Do Using Outlook 1
S Appointment font size when printing only changes Tasks' font Using Outlook 0
L Format Lost between Tasks and To Do Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 365 Help me create a Macro to make some received emails into tasks? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V Backup Calendar, Contacts, Tasks in an POP3 data file Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 365 Move newly created tasks automatically on save. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Import Tasks from Access Using VBA including User Defined Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Outlook tasks keeps changing (updating) dates that I type Using Outlook 2
kburrows Reset Date to Keep Tasks from Archiving Using Outlook 9
O Moving "tasks" to inbox in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
O Tasks - how to display "snoozed" tasks and snooze-times? Using Outlook 7
T Outlook 2010 Tasks are not visible in To Do list Using Outlook 5
T Outlook creating unwanted tasks in Tasks and Todo from emails Using Outlook 1
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2016 Arrange tasks by date, additional custom sorting, but still use friendly terms like Today, Tomorrow, This week? Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2016 Multiple recurring tasks getting created Using Outlook 0
peterbata Shared Tasks Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 5
K Outlook tasks formatting Using Outlook 4
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Recurring tasks break links Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
Y Outlook 2013 Stop Outlook from automatically assigning categories to Tasks Using Outlook 0
P Outlook tasks not syncing with iCloud Using Outlook 2
P Searching tasks that are archived Using Outlook 4
T Extract Data From Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 0
T Extract Data From Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 0
I To-do bar (tasks) Using Outlook 1
O Tasks - Is there a postponed date column? Using Outlook 7