Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharper1989

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have some VBA set up which monitors a shared mailbox inbox & on inbox_add & adds a reminder 7 days in the future.

Unfortunately I've since realized that reminders don't fire when on a shared mailbox, so I was hoping that I could find some further VBA which would monitor the inbox of the shared mailbox, creates the reminder in the shared mailbox's task list AND copies that task/reminder into the individual user's task list.

So the reminder will then fire from their personal mailbox's task list. I'd also like it retained in the shared mailbox task list, even if the reminder doesn't fire.
Essentially the native Outlook functionality "Copy to My Calendar" only for Tasks/ Reminders & also through VBA.

Public Sub Application_Startup()
Dim objNS As NameSpace
Set objNS = Application.Session
Set OlItems = GetFolderPath("ExampleSharedMailbox").Items
Set objNS = Nothing
End Sub

Public Sub OlItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object)
Dim obApp As Application
Set obApp = Outlook.Application

If Item.Class = olMail And (LCase(Item.Subject) Like "*invoic*" Or LCase(Item.Body) Like "*invoic*") And Item.Attachments.Count > 0 And

With Item
.Categories = "Awaiting Dunning"
.ReminderSet = True
ReminderTime = Format(Date + 7 & " 2:00 PM", "ddddd h:nn AMPM")
.MarkAsTask
.Save
End With
End If

Set obApp = Nothing
End Sub

Do you know what VBA I can add to the "With Item" clause so not only does it add the Task/Reminder to the Shared mailbox, but copies it to the personal mailbox of the user as well?

I'm not worried about overwhelming the user's personal task list - not much will go through this mailbox.

Many thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M How to keep reccurence during copy tasks to calendar? Using Outlook 1
M Editing tasks: highlight & copy/cut NOT working in Calendar entries Using Outlook 4
C Copy from one Profile to another Using Outlook 0
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
D Copy Appointment Body to Task Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M copy field value to custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O In Agenda-view - How to copy an existing item months ahead or back? Using Outlook 0
C Move or copy from field to field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Copy specific email body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Need to Copy an email to a subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 5
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
C Copy Move item won't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Commodore Move turns into "copy" Using Outlook 3
C Copy Outlook contact field value to another field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Copy to calendar function no longer working in outlook 365 Using Outlook 5
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Commodore Folders always closed in move/copy items dialog box Using Outlook 3
N Outlook rules don't create a copy for bcc'ed emails Using Outlook 3
geofferyh Outlook 2010 How to Copy Outlook Attachment to a Specific Folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Form, copy user field data to message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
K Outlook Rules: Move a Copy Using Outlook 4
oliv- HOW TO COPY /USE FOLDERS ICONS Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Copy e-mail body from outlook and insert into excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Copy/Move Exchange inbox to Pop inbox Using Outlook 4
R Sending email copy (*.msg file) of sent email if subject line contains specific string. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Copy mails from many subfolders to 1 foldr Using Outlook 2
K ind specific Subject line from outlook and copy the content of the email body to exce Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K How to find specific header and copy the mail body Using Outlook 0
J Copy or Export Outlook Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
G Copy Contact field to Appointment Custom Form Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G How to Copy Multi Select Listbox Data to Appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Carrie Dickey Outlook 2016 created two calendars titled Calendar1 - appear to be a copy Using Outlook 2
P How to copy and append data from Outlook 2016 message into Excel 2016 workbook Using Outlook 0
Stilgar Relsik Create a rule to copy text from an email and paste it in the subject line. Using Outlook 1
R Macro to copy email to excel - Runtime Error 91 Object Variable Not Set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
H Macro to Copy Specific content from Mail Body and Paste to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Copy New Appointments to Another Calendar using VBA Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Use a macro to copy data in Outlook email to Excel workbook Using Outlook 0
C Copy Task to Non-Microsoft PIM "Rainlendar" Using Outlook 0
G VBA Copy draft email to a new email - attachments not copided Using Outlook 7
C Copy email to excel runtime error 5020 Using Outlook 5
I Copy email from folder to folder - FAILS Using Outlook 5
M Copy new appointments created in multiple shared calendars to another exchange calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Why can't I copy image with embedded hyperlink from email to Word Using Outlook 0
I How to make a copy of a task Using Outlook 8