Folders always closed in move/copy items dialog box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
The Move Items and Copy Items dialog boxes always show un-expanded PST/folder trees when you open Outlook (at least until version 2013). Is there any way to have them display the structure expanded as it was in previous session?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No, not that i know of.

Mine have the default data file open to the first level (subfolders not expanded) and other data files closed. it looks like expanding a folder for one move command keeps it expanded for additional moves during that session. (I have a bazillion data files - i prefer all being closed)

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Yes, the expansions stay for the duration of the session, and then they're closed again. I'd like it to be preserved between sessions for about the same reason you prefer it closed - to avoid having to wade through the folder structure later on. Oh well.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I don't even know of a way to expand it using VBA. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
witzker print-list-of-outlook-folders with sort posibility Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
vodkasoda Hiding empty Folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Not sync folders not found after MS Outlook 365 update Using Outlook 1
Fozzie Bear Shared Public Folders Access and Use Exchange Server Administration 0
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
D Custom Search Folders not refreshing/updating automatically Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2016 remove envelope icon for certain folders Using Outlook 5
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Mail absent from Sent Mail or Sent Items Folders Using Outlook 4
C Synchronizing subscribed folders causes hanging during send/receive process Using Outlook 2
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Sent emails not reflected in all IMAP Folders Using Outlook 4
A Custom VBA to sort emails into folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
jChambler iCloud folders in Outlook are not the same as on iCloud Using Outlook 6
R The way expand/collapse folders is actually meant to work? Using Outlook 2
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
L Merge two contacts folders Using Outlook 1
P IMAP Folders Dialog Box Using Outlook 1
D Sort Problem with Sent Folders Using Outlook 1
E Project Management - Adding Folders for Different Folder Types Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Rupert Dragwater How to sync all folders Using Outlook 1
O How to apply view settings on all accounts and folders Using Outlook 7
GregS Many Sent Item folders Using Outlook 3
A Prevent connection to Public Folders on Exchange? Exchange Server Administration 3
S Unable to Edit Contact Information in Certain Contact Folders Using Outlook 3
I Automating message move between folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Reorder folders in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D [TOOL] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
T Some of my folders in outlook.com appear to have vanished, thanks to v1803 Using Outlook 11
N Tracking Mail items being moved to folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
oliv- FASTEST METHOD TO ENUMERATE FOLDERS Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
oliv- HOW TO COPY /USE FOLDERS ICONS Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F Search folder for tasks in all task folders Using Outlook 1
D Move Emails between Folders in Separate Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
copperberry How to view all tasks across task folders Using Outlook 3
O Extracting all mail addresses from all folders Using Outlook 10
O Set columns for all (sub)folders Using Outlook 8
M cannot change delivery folders with IMAP accounts Using Outlook 0
S Moving Emails Between Archive Folders Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i How to set fonts for emails in all folders in Outlook Using Outlook 1
cimbian Harvesting email addresses from mail folders Using Outlook 1
E Duplicate, nested account folders on ATT server Using Outlook 10
M Multiple spurious empty folders appear in archive files Using Outlook 3
Cdub27 Move Outlook 2016 Contacts to Other Folders - Extremely Slow !! Using Outlook 6
R Problem with searching public folders Exchange 2013/16 Exchange Server Administration 2
S How to extract mail items from multiple folders and shared mailboxes? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Folders shifting around in Outlook 2013 and 2016 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook - 2013 - Error msg when copying folders from Online Archives to another user's mailbox Using Outlook 0