Status
Not open for further replies.

aorox

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Hey there... am new here :)

I am trying to make a VBA which can automatically download emails (and their attachments) to certain folders based on a word or code mentioned in the email. For example, I have a folder on my harddrive located at "C:\Uni-Work-2019\2259\Emails", and receive a lot of emails for an assessment which is referred to as '2259'. Everyone in the group uses the number either in the subject line or on the first line of every email. I have another folder "C:\Uni-Work-2019\2260\Emails", etc. I am trying to make a VBA to download everything into those specific folders, however I am finding this quite difficult though as I have no programming experience, and am just trying to follow along with You Tube guides... :(

From what I've read on the internet and watched on You Tube, I came up with the following, but not too sure why it's not working. Any tips would be highly appreciated. Please note I am not posting this expecting someone to write the code for me - I do also want to learn how it's done myself :p

Code:
Private WithEvents InboxItems As Outlook.Items
Sub Application_Startup()
Dim xNameSpace As Outlook.NameSpace
Set xNameSpace = Outlook.Application.Session
Set InboxItems = xNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Items
End Sub

Private Sub InboxItems_ItemAdd(ByVal objItem As Object)
Dim FSO
Dim xMailItem As Outlook.MailItem
Dim xFilePath As String
Dim xRegEx
Dim xFileName As String
On Error Resume Next
xFilePath = CreateObject("WScript.Shell").SpecialFolders(16)
xFilePath = xFilePath & "\C:\Uni-Work-2019\2259\Emails"
Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
If FSO.FolderExists(xFilePath) = False Then
FSO.CreateFolder (xFilePath)
End If
Set xRegEx = CreateObject("vbscript.regexp")
xRegEx.Global = True
xRegEx.IgnoreCase = False
xRegEx.Pattern = "\||\/|\<|\>|""|:|\*|\\|\?"
If objItem.Class = olMail Then
Set xMailItem = objItem
xFileName = xRegEx.Replace(xMailItem.Subject, "")
xMailItem.SaveAs xFilePath & "\" & xFileName & ".html", olHTML
End If
 Set Atts = Item.Attachments

If Atts.Count > 0 Then
       For Each Att In Atts
           If InStr(LCase(Att.FileName), "2259") > 0 Then
              strPath = "C:\Uni-Work-2019\2259\Emails"
              strName = NewMail.Subject & " " & Chr(45) & " " & Att.FileName
              Att.SaveAsFile strPath & strName
           End If
       Next
    End If
Exit Sub
End Sub

Kind regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
FryW Need help modifying a VBA script for in coming emails to auto set custom reminder time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
H Custom Outlook Contact Form VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Reference Custom Fields with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Using a VBA Custom Form to Send Reoccurring Email Upon Task Completion Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D create an html table in outlook custom form 2010 using vba in MsAccess Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D Change sender name outlook vba 2010 Custom Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Adding a contact to Outlook with a custom form using Access VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Creating custom view with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Message template / custom forms and VBA Help needed - inserting info into table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R How To Refer To Custom Folder in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook custom form - VBS call VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook Email Help: Select custom voting button options VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H add an appointment for a custom calendar, vba excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Custom VBA forms in Outlook--how to call w/macro? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Use VBA editor on my custom OL form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
G Apply Custom Contacts form to all existing Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Adding Custom Forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D Outlook 365 Custom forms field limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J PSA: How to create custom keyboard shortcut for "Paste Unformatted Text" in Outlook on Windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M copy field value to custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Does the .fdm contain my custom form? How to make ol use it? - ol2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J ol2021 custom form not displaying pics Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 37
N "Perform a Custom Action" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
cbufacchi Outlook 365 Populate custom Outlook Appoint form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Create Meeting With Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J custom form not displaying pictures Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Font Sizing in Custom Form Regions for Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Update new custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Anyone tell me where custom view settings are stored? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
S Outlook 2016 Arrange tasks by date, additional custom sorting, but still use friendly terms like Today, Tomorrow, This week? Using Outlook 1
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Custom Search Folders not refreshing/updating automatically Using Outlook 0
F Validation on custom task form after task acceptance Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K UDF with formula not showing on Calendar custom view. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Create a clickable custom column field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M VbScript for Command Button on Contacts Custom Form Using Outlook 1
G Other users can't see P.2 with custom fields in Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0