Shared Tasks Outlook for Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterbata

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hello all. First time post. We are having an issue with Outlook for Mac Shared Tasks. Allow me to explain:

Anne is using Outlook on her spanking new Mac Book Pro (OS = Big Sur)
Anne is sharing her tasks with Tom

Tom is using Outlook on his Dell PC running Windows 10
Tom is sharing his tasks with Anne

Anne creates or edit an existing task. In the notes section of the task she will highlight a string of text and change its color to Red. Save and Close
Tom will then access said Task. But rather than seeing the text in Red he sees it in Black

Now, if Tom does the same at his PC, Anne is able to see the text color that he has set to any selected string of text.

I made sure that Outlook for Mac is not set to use the New user experience (I believe that is what they call it)
I created a new profile on the Mac for User = Anne
I also made sure that it was not using the night theme.

Basically, I am stumped. Any suggestions and/or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Peter

It sounds like it is getting converted to plain text. I'll see if I can repro and file a bug report on it. (You are the 2nd person to mention this - but the first did not mention macs.)
Good morning Diane. Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I have been looking at this issue with a fine young man from Microsoft. Unfortunately, he has had me jumping through hoops to no avail. What my colleague has had to do in the meantime is to access Outlook via a Parallels VM (Windows 10). Needless to say, she is not a happy camper.

Have a safe and wonderful day!

Peter

Here is a response that I received from a Microsoft Engineer:

I am very glad to confirm that your issue has been resolved. There is a limitation on Outlook for Mac which doesn't allow colored text made on Mac to appear on Windows.

Mail, calendar events, contacts, tasks, and notes with categories created in Outlook for Mac synchronize with Outlook for Windows but might not keep their colors.

At this time, while category names will synchronize, category colors do not sync. This applies to a user's primary calendar as well as delegated calendars.

To confirm during our communication via email and phone we went through different troubleshooting processes such as:

Creating a new profile on Outlook

Disabling dark mode on Mac and PC

Allowing Outlook access to the domain in order to receive emails

Here is a link to the website where you can suggest features to be implemented into Outlook for Mac.

Outlook for Mac: Hot (6483 ideas) – Got an idea?

That's BS - category colors do sync. I have my categories on my mac. Colors are not an exact match - brown in outlook windows is ivory on the mac.

But the problem isn't with category colors - its with formatted text in the notes field, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Viewing all Shared Tasks in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007: Shared Tasks not displaying on my To-Do Bar Using Outlook 8
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Search Shared Tasks? Using Outlook 1
B CLSID for shared tasks folder Using Outlook 6
P vba, forms and shared tasks Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 365 Multiple different Signatures on Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 0
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 365 Forward Email Subject to my inbox when new email arrive in shared inbox Using Outlook 0
J Hide/disable "Groups", "Shared Calendars" Using Outlook 2
T Never-ending Reminders in Shared Calendars Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 365 Shared mailbox contact group member numbers not matching Using Outlook 0
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Fozzie Bear Shared Public Folders Access and Use Exchange Server Administration 0
S Excel VBA and shared calendar issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Having Shared Calendar shift to Current day Using Outlook 0
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2016 Creating a shared local Contacts folder Using Outlook 2
P Auto assign shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Pull Outlook shared calendars items from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Create new Message with shared contacts & BCC'ing recipients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R VBA for copying sent email to current folder under a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
M Outlook 365 Searching all shared calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S newly added shared mailboxes downloading 500GB data a day Exchange Server Administration 1
R auto send email when meeting closes from a shared calendar only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A New email notification on shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Shared mailbox in cached mode Using Outlook 0
B Vba to monitor time to respond to emails using a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Shared Mailbox question Exchange Server Administration 1
S Import contacts to a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
D Delete Emails from Senders in Shared Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Accessing shared outlook folder doesn't work since switch to new outlook/excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
J Updating existing entry on shared calendar wants to send update from delegate Using Outlook 0
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
G Unable to dismiss reminders from share point list calendar shared in Outlook Using Outlook 2
M how to speed up search of shared contacts Using Outlook 0
M Using conditional formatting on a shared calendar with categories Using Outlook 6
S Recovering permanently deleted folder from shared mailbox Using Outlook 1
S How to extract mail items from multiple folders and shared mailboxes? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Outlook macros to create meeting on shared calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
C Outlook Shared Calendar Using Outlook 1