Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianPL

Outlook version
Outlook on the web
Email Account
POP3
Hello,
I have a question about new email notification in outlook when I use also shared mailbox, as it doesn't work. I see only notifications from my first mailbox and not from the shared one. I know that there are two ways of solving this issue, I can make a rules or do this by macro. I cannot make rules on shared mailbox as I am not administrator so I have to choose a second option. I would like to add macro which show me notification when new email came into shared mailbox. I found such code in internet:

Private WithEvents Items As Outlook.Items

Private Sub Application_Startup()
Dim Ns As Outlook.NameSpace
Set Ns = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI")
Set Items = GetFolderPath("Accounting\Inbox").Items
End Sub
Private Sub Items_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object)
On Error Resume Next

MsgBox "new message from " & Item.SenderName & " in shared folder"

End Sub

As I am not skilled in macros at all its to less information for me.
I am using Office 365 and I see 3 tabs in VB in Outlook

Project1
- Microsoft Outlook Objects
>ThisOutlookSession
-Modules
>Module1
-Class Modules
>Class1

I read that to run this macro I should put provided code in ThisOutlookSession.

Q1: Is does mean that I should remove rest of the tabs?

Q2: Should this macro be on my macros list?

Its only possible when I add :
Sub macro()
End Sub
somewhere ( when my macro is called macro )
Please advice should it be added somewhere in code? And on which tab exactly?

Q3: Could someone provide me code when my shared mailbox is calling XYZ, so I will know exactly which part I should update?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Email notification on creation of an appointment shared calendar? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Using email notification to update calendar events? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R Notification/alert when an email has been sat in inbox for a set period of time Using Outlook 1
K How to make email notification in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 1
C [outlook-users] email notification Using Outlook 7
B outlook 2010 - email sound notification Using Outlook 3
F Email notification if notification email fails Using Outlook 1
D How Can I Receive Email Notification On Multiply Accounts in Outlook.docx Using Outlook 2
B automate email message on Outlook Calendar notification alerts? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Notification for Multiple Email Accounts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4
Rupert Dragwater How to permanently remove an email address Using Outlook 9
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Auto changing email subject line in bulk Using Outlook 2
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 2019 Help with forwarding email without mentioning the previous email sender. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Shift Delete doesn't delete email from server Using Outlook 3
K Incorporate selection from combobox into body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Why are some email automatically going to "archive" Using Outlook 2
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Problem when requesting to view an email in a browser Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 365 Forward Email Subject to my inbox when new email arrive in shared inbox Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Archive Email Manually Using Outlook 1
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S New Email "From" box stopped working Using Outlook 0
Rupert Dragwater Duplicate email in Folder Using Outlook 7