Email Read and Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawrence Altman

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hello. I found most of this attached VB code at Mark as read on delete in Outlook?. It was posted by x3ja/Alex (not sure how to give proper attribution here). The comments and the Elseif code are mine. I attached the whole thing to a button on the ribbon. It's purpose is to make deleting emails easier, using a single button instead of 2 moves of the mouse to mark read and delete an email.

Now, this worked just fine with WIN 7 Home 64-bit and Office 2010 32-bit. I have just moved to a new machine with WIN 10 Home 64-bit with the same Office 2010 32-bit.
The macro "works" with a slight difference. For each intended email, 2 iterations of the macro is needed. Tracing it I find that the 2 .Delete methods are NOT effective even though the trace shows the lines executed. For either email object type 2 passes of the entire macro are needed to cause the deletion.
Obviously my question is HUH? What is going on here. All help is appreciated. Sorry, NEVER MIND!!
Well before I sent this I decided to uninstall SPAMBAYES which is open source spam filter software I like. So I uninstalled it and the macro is just fine - only 1 interation to see the intended email go bye-bye. Curious, SPAMBAYES didn't interfere on the Win 7 machine.
So this is a non-problem now. I you want to use the code, feel free.

Attachments

Lawrence Altman

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi Diane. Until you wrote your note to me I didn't know anything about conversation view. So I found it, realized I didn't use it before, then checked the little radio button, then unchecked it to remain as I was before, then closed Outlook. So the odd macro behavior "seems" to be unrelated to conversation view. A few hours later I reinstalled Spambayes. Since then all is working as desired. I can get back to you in a few days with a status, if you like.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thanks for the update. It's possible that all you needed to do was reinstall spambayes. It's not the first time that reinstalling fixed an integration problem.

Lawrence Altman

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
OOPs, I promised a final update but haven't done it. Everything with SpamBayes and Win 10 (64 bit) and Outlook 2010 (32 bit) is perfect. Is there a need to close this ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M How can I determine which user read an email Exchange Server Administration 4
K cant read email or open attachement Using Outlook 0
Mary B VBscript: Need to copy every email to a folder & mark that copy as read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mary B Outlook 2013: Rule for copying new email to folder & marking that copy as read Using Outlook 1
M How do I mark emails already received as read when I get a second, different email based on subject? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Saving Outlook 2010 email with attachments but read the email without Outlook Using Outlook 2
M Oh please read---> Extracting email web leads on to excel spread sheet Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 font changes on message for new email. Cannot read it on the screen Using Outlook 2
L Read email on back up disk Using Outlook 2
L Email closure when responding to read receipt request Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2003 personal folder downloading from Exchange 2003 Some email blank, some email ok, but when return to read again some are blank. Using Outlook 3
P Had Outlook Connector working, it asked for upgrade repeatedly. Uninstalled and tried to download-reinstall and it doesn't read my live.com email or Using Outlook 5
S "File Download" Dialog open every time I click on an email to read it. Using Outlook 8
F Outlook 2010 will not pull in my email from my provider & the font in the body of the message area is so small it can't be read unless I use a #72 Using Outlook 5
B Move Sent Email to archival pst folder and mark as read - HOW TO Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Mark copy of sent email as read - VBA? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V move read email based on date and sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Another way to detect if email read? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
T Some way to capture who marks an email as read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 1
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Move Email with Attachment to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Use VBA to find Sender and Recipient from Microsfot 365 Journaled Email Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Add ComboBox Value to Body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
F VBA code to dock Styles whenever I write or edit an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Inbox shows old email Using Outlook 3
L Email with correct To address but displaying name of a related person Using Outlook 0
A Two Inboxes, Same Email? Using Outlook 3
B Adding signature to bottom of VBA reply email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J To delete the draft email Using Outlook 2
B VBScript doesn't run on Recipient Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Autoreply email recieved from specific sender after deleting some text from body. Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 3
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Body text of Email from invite date/time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Forward a email with modified body Automatically. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0