How can I determine which user read an email

Discussion in 'Exchange Server Questions' started by MarkEC19571957!, Jun 15, 2017.

1. MarkEC19571957!

MarkEC19571957!

SCENARIO:

Exchange Server 2010

Outlook 2010

User A is given full access in Exchange to user B's email account.

As a result, user A has access and see's user B's inbox through Outlook 2010.

User A access user B's inbox and reads an email of user B.

User B now wants to know which of his emails have been read by user A.

Is there anything available to me that would tell me if user A has read any of user B's email?

Thank you

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

No, not really. There should be a changed by field that would show the other account's name - if they made a change, but it's likely to be empty if they did not mark it read, flag it, etc.

cimbian likes this.
  3. cimbian

cimbian

Google Boomerang for Outlook.

I get more responses from this than the outlook Request Read Receipt.

It will show if the mail had been opened but not by whom; however, can you not see who is logged-in and who isn't?

Steve.

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

If boomerang doesn't show the address, there really isn't a way within outlook. You'd need to use a web bug that assigns a unique id to links in each message. Outlook can't do it on its own but There are services (similar to boomerang) that can do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

BTW, this is not surprising - this (and similar services) use webbug methods to report if the message was viewed. While its possible for recipients to block this activity, very few do. All HTML email clients will respond - and that is what pretty much everyone uses these days. RR can be disabled and not all clients honor them.