account hacked, need software to determine what emails have been sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnfosdasn

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I need help with figuring out why my outlook 2007 is auto-completing the 'To field' with an email address that I have never used before. My outlook account is set in an offline mode (not to receive or send emails) and is not accessible by any other person except me at home -- it is not in a public location. However, I recently discovered when trying to use it again after 8 months of not having used it at all that it appears somebody with the email account jay_sinha01@sify.com may have sent/received emails from it. This is particularly disturbing because I also noticed in June/July that somebody with similiar email address had appeared to have hacked into my ipad to send emails through my aol account to email address: jay_sinha01@yahoo.com.

How do I figure out when/how often the person has accessed my outlook 2007 application, what emails were sent and to whom, whether my outlook 2007 has been hacked online while it was set in an offline only status and with only POP3 access. I am also wonder why jay_sinha01@sify.com & jay_sinha01@yahoo.com would be bold/smart enough to have accessed/hacked into my outlook 2007 and hacked into my ipad/aol account and yet dumb enough to leave a trail ( email sent through my aol/ipad account and the email address auto completing in the 'To Field' outlook 2007 application.

-----
I need to make some clarification to previous post.

I should have said Ipod not Ipad. My aol account is only used on my Ipod, not used on my desktop computer that has the outlook 2007 installed. The outlook 2007 application is in a room that only I have access to, absolutely nobody else would have had access to my desktop with my permission. I personally do not believe/know how my Ipod would have been hacked over my wifi connection to physically have email sent to email address jay_sinha01@sify.com through my aol account, but I have little option but to assume that was the case since the email sent was signed 'sent from ipod' as all my other emails from my ipod had been signed. outlook 2007 is set in offline mode, would only allow the receiving/sending of email manually, does not automatically send/receive email. Only my yahoo account is setup in outlook 2007. When I discovered the auto-completing of email address jay_sinha01@sify.com in outlook 2007, I had not performed a receive/send in 8 months, nor have I ever personally corresponded with jay_sinha01@sify.com in any way.

I find it very very odd that I was able to find proof of my aol/ipod and outlook 2007 being breach. It leave me with the impression that the hack was meant to be discovered. It was too good a breach for the hacker to then be too stupid to not know how to cover their tracks.

adnfosdasn

I don't think your ipod was hacked. Someone hacked your AOL account and sent mail then your ipod downloaded it when it synced.

Immediately change your AOL password - do this anytime you even suspect your account may be compromised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Use Macro to change account settings Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
HarvMan Importing PST into IMAP account Using Outlook 12
L I Cannot Sign Into My Outlook Account? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about installing my Gmail account on my iPhone but still getting messages downloaded to my desktop Outlook. Using Outlook 3
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
A How Do I Setup My Optonline.Net Email Account? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
J GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account Exchange Server Administration 21
B Move emails from one account to another Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
HarvMan Outlook.com Account Using Outlook 3
D Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup Using Outlook 11
L Recommendations for Utility to Backup Outlook 365 Account Settings Using Outlook 2
T How to configure Outlook for two users on a single Windows account Using Outlook 3
nmanikrishnan Auto-reply from default account Using Outlook 1
Commodore Any way to create "from-only" account on Outlook 2021? Using Outlook 1
A Imap account not auto syncing inbox at startup Using Outlook 0
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2007 Removing then adding account restores junk email processing Using Outlook 0
M How to setup outlook after importing old account information - Entering email account info creates with "(1)" after the account! Using Outlook 1
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
D Change Microsoft Account password - what to do to update on all devices Using Outlook 4
D Microsoft Exchange account - Remote management Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
C WARNING - DO NOT USE AN OUTLOOK.COM ADDRESS FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY EMAIL Using Outlook 10
G Outlook 365 with iCloud account not syncing calendars Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 how to use gmail account as source account for outlook 365 Using Outlook 9
M Outlook on 3 Computers Shows Different Total Items on Same Account Using Outlook 3
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
E Conditional formatting - when current account <> received account ? Using Outlook 3
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
E Change sending account depending on Subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
W Receiving mail for account that has been deleted Using Outlook 2
M Gmail is not downloading in my outlook account Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
W Account icons Outlook for Android Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Setting up an Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Outlook 2011 Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3
V Scheduled backup of imap account Using Outlook 7
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
R How Can I backup office 365 account? Exchange Server Administration 1
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Assigning a newly (re)created e-mail account to a specific .pst data file Using Outlook 2
Z Account setup on Android Using Outlook 3