Status
Not open for further replies.

Samboco

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi,

New to this forum, my apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I'm also pretty new to VBA so I've been struggling to see how I would adapt my script.

I have an excel workbook that I use to create a staff work rota. I've built this to compile a list of events for each staff member that when my VBA script runs adds these in to an individual outlook calendar, I then publish these calendars so that each staff member can subscribe to their own unique work calendar. These calendars are created in my outlook account. When I run the script, everything works as intended. However, when another member of the management team runs the script it does not work. I have shared the calendars with the other managers and set their permission level as publishing author (which I thought would give them sufficient access) but still the script does not work.

I'm hoping that someone can spot the error in my VBA and give me the correct solution or if it's not the script, advise what I need to do in outlook for it to work.

When I run the script, everything works as intended. However, when another member of the management team runs the script it does not work. I have shared the calendars with the other managers and set their permission level as publishing author (which I thought would give them sufficient access) but still the script does not work.
They are using the exact same script? The calendars are shared to both of you or are they in your mailbox and you share the finished product out?

Best guess - it's how the calendars are referenced when run from a difference machine.

They are using the exact same script? The calendars are shared to both of you or are they in your mailbox and you share the finished product out?

Best guess - it's how the calendars are referenced when run from a difference machine.
HI Diane,

Thanks for replying. They are using the same script and the calendars are in my mailbox which I then share out.
How would I amend my script so that it takes in ta account the different referencing when someone else runs it?

See Working with VBA and non-default Outlook Folders

If the shared calendars are subfolders of your calendar, you need to do it like this:
Set newCalFolder = NS.GetSharedDefaultFolder(objOwner, olFolderCalendar)
Set sharedCalA = newCalFolder.Folders("sub calendar A")
Set sharedCalB = newCalFolder.Folders("sub calendar B")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B vBA for exporting excel file from outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Excel vba code to manage outlook web app Using Outlook 10
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
S Find a cell value in excel using outlook vba Using Outlook 1
O VBA to extract email (fields and body) to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
P Outlook 2016 from Excel 2016 VBA Using Outlook 1
N VBA Outlook reference to Excel and assigning category Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
Z Default VBA code for extracting data from email (Outlook) to Excel? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook VBA to open Excel attachment and send recipient's email address to a workbook cell? Using Outlook 4
M using Folders.Count in Excel Vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J vba to get email name , subject and attachements on excel list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Requried a VBA Code to export Calander details to excel... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M VBA Send Sales reports using .oft files, originate in Outlook or Excel? Using Outlook 5
B Excel 2010 vba to post appts to different outlook calendars at the same time Using Outlook 6
C Open/Close Outlook - Via Excel VBA Using Outlook 2
S Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
W Using Excel UserForm from Open Workbook in Outlook VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
H add an appointment for a custom calendar, vba excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M can't access outlook contacts from excel via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P OT: Need website like this one, but for Excel Using Outlook 0
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
M using excel to sort outlook appointment items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Cannot populate certain UserProperties in Outlook from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Information from user defined field into Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
C Pull Outlook shared calendars items from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S How to export urls from email to excel and check the status of the url ? Using Outlook 5
S save email from excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Trying to populate an appointment ComboBox from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Auto-export mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Accessing shared outlook folder doesn't work since switch to new outlook/excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
E Copying the whole e-mail body into excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Copy e-mail body from outlook and insert into excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Copying data from e-mail attachement to EXCEL file via macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 38
K Update Appointment category when changed in Excel Using Outlook 3
A Script to fetch data from mails in restricted collection and sending them to excel Using Outlook 1
D Paste Excel table into Outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J Outlook 2013 Extract Flag Completed dates to Excel Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
D Retrieving Tables from outlook to excel Using Outlook 14
J Copy or Export Outlook Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
nathandavies Email Details to Excel & Save as .MSG on one macro - combination of 2 macros Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Export details to a excel spreadsheet using macros Using Outlook 0
P How to copy and append data from Outlook 2016 message into Excel 2016 workbook Using Outlook 0
T Outlook Calendar 2016 import Excel Using Outlook 1