Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
POP3
Hello All

Outlook 2016
Windows 7
POP3
I sync via CompanionLink to my iPad's DejaOffice app

I have searched through the tasks and the deleted and the completed. I cannot see my task anywhere. This isn't a task that I would delete, just change the date manually when it comes due. It's a reminder that a credit card needs to be paid. I missed this last one because the task is 'gone'.

I have also searched through the iPad's DejaOffice app to see if the task is hiding somewhere there.

I've had this problem in the past but all I can remember is, changing 'views?' in Outlook will bring the task back to visibility. At least I think that changing views showed the task but unfortunately I didn't keep notes.

This particular task is missing on both the desktop and the iPad, but it's quite possible that I synced without realizing the task was gone.

Any idea on where I can look to find this missing task? And maybe other tasks that I can't recall but might be missing also!

Thanks very much
Barb

Start with changing to the Detailed view - that should show every task, although it should be found with a search.

If this is a recurring task, i wonder if you didn't mark it complete - if you dismiss, it might not be regenerated. And if you used the regenrate option and marked it complete later, it wont be visible immediately

2018-12-11_17-32-02.png

Hi Diane and thanks for the quick reply.

I have since discovered that 2 more tasks have gone 'missing'. NONE of the tasks are set as recurring or regenerate. When they come due and I physically complete the task, I change the 'due date' to the next date I require.

I have looked at the 'detailed' view.

But I vaguely remember, from when this happened before, that I had to change to some view and then I saw the missing tasks. I could not see them under 'due date' or category in my regular 'simplified' view.

I also can't recall if I was using CompanionLink at that time so I can't say that syncing to CompanionLink might be causing the problem. Although I've been using this sync method for well over a year now.

Didn't mention before but I got this computer, with Outlook 2016, July 2017. But since I can't recall when I had the problem before I don't know if I was with Outlook 2010 (version I had previously).

I can't see a pattern to the tasks that are missing; not the same due date, not the same category, not the same priority; just looks random.

I'm sure that the tasks are somewhere, just hidden for some reason. I do delete one-time tasks but my delete folder hasn't been emptied for a long time and I while I can see tasks that I know I've deleted, can't find what I'm looking for.

Hope there is a simple solution and a reason why this happens. If it's something I'm doing wrong, then I'd like to learn how to properly do it. Now, I feel like I have to go back to pen & paper just to cross-check with the digital!

Thanks
Barb

I'm not sure you are doing anything wrong but I also don't know what happened to them. You should be able to find them using Search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Tasks are disappearing in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
petunia Outlook tasks module sunsetting? Exchange Server Administration 3
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
R unable to filter tasks when start date is on or before today Using Outlook 3
S Sync Outlook (2021) tasks with Microsoft To Do Using Outlook 1
S Appointment font size when printing only changes Tasks' font Using Outlook 0
L Format Lost between Tasks and To Do Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 365 Help me create a Macro to make some received emails into tasks? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V Backup Calendar, Contacts, Tasks in an POP3 data file Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 365 Move newly created tasks automatically on save. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Import Tasks from Access Using VBA including User Defined Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Outlook tasks keeps changing (updating) dates that I type Using Outlook 2
kburrows Reset Date to Keep Tasks from Archiving Using Outlook 9
O Moving "tasks" to inbox in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
O Tasks - how to display "snoozed" tasks and snooze-times? Using Outlook 7
T Outlook 2010 Tasks are not visible in To Do list Using Outlook 5
T Outlook creating unwanted tasks in Tasks and Todo from emails Using Outlook 1
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2016 Arrange tasks by date, additional custom sorting, but still use friendly terms like Today, Tomorrow, This week? Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2016 Multiple recurring tasks getting created Using Outlook 0
peterbata Shared Tasks Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 5
K Outlook tasks formatting Using Outlook 4
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Recurring tasks break links Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
Y Outlook 2013 Stop Outlook from automatically assigning categories to Tasks Using Outlook 0
P Outlook tasks not syncing with iCloud Using Outlook 2
P Searching tasks that are archived Using Outlook 4
B All imported tasks appear in to-do list Using Outlook 3
T Extract Data From Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 0
T Extract Data From Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 0
I To-do bar (tasks) Using Outlook 1
O Tasks - Is there a postponed date column? Using Outlook 7
O Outlook 365 - Tasks are not synchronizing? Using Outlook 7
F How to show assigned tasks under certain mailbox? Using Outlook 4
P How do I convert outlook “to-do” items to “tasks” Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B iCloud Option to sync contacts, mail, calendar and tasks Using Outlook 5
M tasks in todo list appearing twice Using Outlook 3
J what file contains contacts, tasks and appointments stored locally? Using Outlook 1
F Finding Meetings/Tasks in a date range Using Outlook 1
F Sharepoint tasks from multiple accounts in To-Do List Using Outlook 8
F Search folder for tasks in all task folders Using Outlook 1
B Creating an email with the list of tasks Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2016 - Tasks View Settings Missing Using Outlook 1
copperberry How to view all tasks across task folders Using Outlook 3