Status
Not open for further replies.

Vijay Kumar

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi.. all

Recently, I joined this forum. I am very interested in learning Outlook Programming. Here is my question
Everyday I am getting some notification mails from our server. In that mail body, there is a table contains some information about the products. I need to copy all those tables from each and every notification mail to excel and do some formatting and sending mail to concern member.
I have tried so many things in excel. I am very much comfortable with Excel VBA and Outlook VBA. I searched so many forums to match my required output. But I can't able to find the proper solution. I hope I will get best method to resolve the problem
How can I recognize the tables in outlook mail ? I can do it if it is word or Excel. But there is no option to recognize the table in outlook mail body.
Please give your valuable feedback

Regards
Vijay

How are you doing it in Word? The same method should work in Outlook, provided you reference the word object model.

Dear Diane

Below
Code:
Sub ImportDataFromWord()
    Dim appWd As Word.Application
    Dim appDoc As Word.Document
    Dim tblNo As Integer
    Dim wdFilePath As String
    Dim iRow As Integer
    Dim iCol As Integer
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim lRow As Long

Set appWd = New Word.Application
    wdFilePath = "C:\users\vkumar4\desktop\test.docx"
    Set appDoc = appWd.Documents.Open(wdFilePath, ReadOnly:=True)

With appDoc
        tblNo = appDoc.Tables.Count
        For i = 1 To tblNo
        With .Tables(i)
            For iRow = 1 To .Rows.Count
            lRow = ActiveSheet.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row
                For iCol = 1 To .Columns.Count
                    ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(lRow, iCol) = WorksheetFunction.Clean(.Cell(iRow, iCol).Range.Text)
                Next iCol
            Next iRow
        End With
        Next i
    End With

Set appDoc = Nothing
    Set appWd = Nothing
End Sub
code I am using for getting data from word files into excel file. Kindly suggest how can I use for Outlook

Please see Diane`s latest reply, it points to your cross post where the answer is given.

Please see Diane`s latest reply, it points to your cross post where the answer is given.

Dear Michael

I read that article, but I can't able integrate with Outlook and I am new outlook VBA. So please try to suggest me the way for my requirement.

Thank you so much for your valuable comments

The code you're showing sets the variable (appDoc) by calling Documents.Open. Instead you need to get the Document from the WordEditor property as shown in my example. Try it yourself, please.

The code you're showing sets the variable (appDoc) by calling Documents.Open. Instead you need to get the Document from the WordEditor property as shown in my example. Try it yourself, please.

Dear Michael

I tried by creating some variable for outlook application, and tried to set app doc = ins.wordEditor (In this line I am getting error)

Will you please explain, Now I putting this code in Excel VBA and created referernces for Word & Outlook applications. By the Code, how can I get select the outlook mail body and select the Tables. Its creating confusion. Can you please explain the process.

Code:
Sub ImportDataFromWord()
    Dim appWd As Word.Application
    Dim appDoc As Word.Document
    Dim tblNo As Integer
    Dim wdFilePath As String
    Dim iRow As Integer
    Dim iCol As Integer
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim lRow As Long
    Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
    Dim olNs As Outlook.Namespace
    Dim Ins As Outlook.Inspector
    Dim selection As Word.selection

Set appWd = New Word.Application
    wdFilePath = "C:\users\vkumar4\desktop\test.docx"
    Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
    Set Ins = Application.ActiveInspector
    Set selection = Word.selection
    Set appDoc = Ins.WordEditor

Dear Michael

As you said, I just copy your module and paste it in outlook VBA as module. When I go through by pressing F8 key, it gives error on line Set Document = Ins.WordEditor. Can you please tell me the hierarchy of the code ? In your code, variable Document declared as word.document and when we initializing by Set Document = Ins.word editor. How it is possible, without creating instance to word application ? Please elabore more

Code:
Public Sub UseWord()
  Dim Ins As Outlook.Inspector
  Dim Document As Word.Document
  Dim Word As Word.Application
  Dim Selection As Word.Selection

Set Ins = Application.ActiveInspector
  Set Document = Ins.WordEditor
  Set Word = Document.Application
  Set Selection = Word.Selection

'...

End Sub

ActiveInspector points to the active, open item. If you want to reference the item selected in the folder, use Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection(1). For more details always reveal what the error message is.

Note please, using Application with the mentioned properties doesn't work if you run the code in Word, or Excel as Application always points to the host application that runs the VBA code.

Dear Michael,

I tried a lot for getting the idea, and I am feeling mad while doing this.. I scratched my head, but can't able to get it
So I request, Can you please prepare a dummy code for my use.

Status
Not open for further replies.