How to configure outlook to avoid sending emails from the wrong account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
That's normal in outlook 2007 and older - outlook 2010 will do as you wish.

robertin75

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
It's not that I'm questioning your knowledge but are you sure?

Seems hard to believe that draft folders and outbox will use the exchange server space everytime I am using the POP3 account.

Using another company's resources is not a very professional thing to do as this is what I am doing right now and what all the employees from my company would do if I add their exchange account to the POP3 one.

Thanks and again do not take this questioning in a wrong way :)

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes, Outlook 2007 has one set of default folders - the mailbox or data file that is set as default. If you use send immediately, the outgoing messages are just in the outbox for a few seconds. If its a problem for drafts, it probably means you shouldn't have both accounts in one profile.

robertin75

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
What if I change the default folder to point to the POP3 one?

If I do that I get the following message:

Please see attached file.

Thanks

Attachments

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
You do not want the pst set as the default store when you have an exchange account in your profile. That will remove everything from the server, makes a mess of free/busy and other Exchange features. If using drafts and the outbox is an issue for you, you need to either use 2 profiles or get Outlook 2010 which handles separate accounts in separate data files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Configure outlook 2007 to accept digital signatures Using Outlook 2
D Configure Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
M Unable to Configure Gmail Account in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Configure Gmail Accounts in Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
B Configure Outlook so Exchange uses cached mode but new items are by default saved to Outlook.com Using Outlook 1
Y Configure outlook with Domino Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 won't configure exchange account, 0kb .ost file Exchange Server Administration 5
N Configure Outlook 2010 to download sent emails Using Outlook 4
M How to Configure Multiple Exchange Accounts in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
C configure outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
G Configure outlook to download hyperlinked images in email automatically to PST Using Outlook 2
S Configure Increase Outlook 2007 PST size limit Using Outlook 1
W Windows XP/Outlook 2003: Can I export my Outlook contact list to a web based email account at the server. How can I configure CSV format to comply wit Using Outlook 1
M Automatically configure S/MIME in Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 1
W How to configure Live.ca email to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Cannot configure email in Outlook 2010 with Windows 7 Using Outlook 1
T how to configure an internet server so I can use outlook Using Outlook 2
C How do I configure Outlook 2010 for earthlink email? Using Outlook 1
S Configure outlook client after migrate mailbox from exchange 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
R how to configure outlook 2007 clients to publish free busy info to public folder in exchange 2010 (s Exchange Server Administration 3
S how to configure outlook anywhere and OAB in coexist 2003 and 2010 exchange environment Exchange Server Administration 3
D Configure email accounts Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
K how do I configure my email account to outlook Using Outlook 1
S Re: Cannot configure orange e-mail in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M Configure my Outlook with my Hotmail address Using Outlook 1
A How to configure outlook in a system in a network connected to a server system ? Internet is only provided in server system. Using Outlook 1
A not configure outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
R Re: I can't permanently configure the reading pane in MS Outlook 2007. Using Outlook 1
C How to configure outlook profiles automatically Using Outlook 5
N How do I configure Outlook 2010 to search Local Contacts before Global Address List? Using Outlook 1
M I can't configure my MS Office Outlook 2007 to receive msn.com emails from my MSN ISP. I am running VISTA Using Outlook 3
S Office Outlook 2007 highlighter colors....is it possible to add or configure additional colors Using Outlook 1
D I can' t configure Ms outlook 2007 with my yahoomail Using Outlook 2
Q My Outlook 2007 is not working. I am unable to proceed with sending a test email after I configure t Using Outlook 2
H How to configure outlook 2007 to connect to internet mail? Using Outlook 2
R Not able to configure Outlook 2007 back to Yahoo after microsoft update crased the computer.__After restart lost email service.__Email keeps asking fo Using Outlook 2
D I can't configure my Ms Outlook 2007. Using Outlook 1
J Configure MS Outlook 2003 to start on Terminal server without wizard with no email support for all users Using Outlook 1
R configure outlook Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2010 : Ability to configure where Outlook gets the photo for the 'contact card' (i.e. dont store in the GAL) Using Outlook 4
J SOLVED: Configure Outlook 2007 or 2010 for OWA? Using Outlook 5
B Configure Outlook 2003 to ALWAYS display the sender's email address and name, in "To" field. Using Outlook 1
N How to configure password protection for Outlook 2007 content Using Outlook 0
M To configure rules on additional mailbox in outlook 2003 Using Outlook 2
S I am unable to configure a Microsoft Exchange account under windows 7 in Outlook 2007. The server does not accept the password for the exchange server Using Outlook 3
T Configure mailbox OutofOffice with Redemption Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H How to configure size limit for (.pst) files in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
F Auto Configure Outlook Profile. Using Outlook 4
L Cannot configure Out of Office when we are connected via Outlook anywhere (RPC/HTTP) Using Outlook 11
M configure Onpremise exchange to send/receive emails internally and externally) Exchange Server Administration 0