Where to find folders in Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rupert Dragwater

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Can one (or even two) inform me as to where to find my mail folders in Outlook 2010. I've transferred them over from Eudora to Outlook 2010 with Aid4Mail quite flawlessly I might add (to csv files) but stuff my leg into two teakettles if I can find them.

I'll appreciate help with this one. Thanks!

I think I can answer this one easily enough - in Outlook 2010, the data files (pst files) should be in My Documents\Outlook Files. That is the default location for Outlook 2010 with new profiles.

It's possible aid4mail might use the old location of %localappdata%\microsoft\outlook - if you use Windows 7, paste the bolded text into the address bar of windows explorer and press enter to jump to it. It will take you to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

If you use Windows XP, the secret location is %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook - or C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Thanks for the reply Larry. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium. Permit me to edit this. I've not found in the directories my mailboxes from Eudora per se. I have found my e-mail address with a pst on the end of it. If this is where my mailboxes are, then it would be what I'm looking for.

What I'm thinking about, is I should back those up perchance I should have the great joy sometime of ever re-installing Outlook 2010.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Thanks!

Obviously, this seems to be one of those stickers that no one has a reply for or there is no reply. Anyone reading this with the same problem might be wise to gallop off to another forum or better yet, speak to someone they know that's got a clue about Outlook. :-}

We know where they are supposed to be - but when you upgrade from older versions, other software, or use 3rd party software, they may not be where we expect them to be. We can't look at your drive, so we can only go by where Outlook normally puts the pst files. We don't live online 24/7, waiting for questions. I know I have a life outside of the internet and I'm sure Diane does too.

Did you open the pst file that has your address as the file name? That should be the pst file that Outlook created when you created your profile. Whether Aid4Mail put the eudora mail there or somewhere else is unknown - my crystal ball can't see what it did.

Did you read the Aid4Mail help? Did it say what pst file it uses?

Since you use Windows 7, the two default locations for pst files is at %localappdata%\microsoft\outlook and in My Documents\Outlook files. The microsoft\outlook location is the old default - used by outlook 2007 and older, plus IMAP, Hotmail Connector and Exchange server. Pst files you create or ones outlook creates for POP3 accounts go into the My Documents\Outlook files folder. If the pst files in those locations don't have the missing Eudora mail, you need to contact Aid4Mail and ask where it put the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O Outlook 2013 contacts - Where to find "Display as"-field Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Changing where data .pst is saved to Using Outlook 3
D Anyone tell me where custom view settings are stored? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 After a search in all mailboxes, where is each message that was found? Using Outlook 6
M Where is the setting to *turn off* open calendar in a new window? Using Outlook 3
J OUTLOOK 2016 FILE STORAGE WHERE COMMAND Using Outlook 12
C Long List Of Outlook 2016/Outlook.com Bugs // Where To Report? Using Outlook 10
S Views ans Where Settings AreSavd Using Outlook 4
F Move mails from Deleted Items folder back to its original folder where the mails got deleted Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Where did Evenote come from? Using Outlook 6
tswatek Issue with where Outlook saves new contacts Using Outlook 3
snissen Where is "Edit Message" in Outlook 2016? Using Outlook 2
C Where are BCM User Customizations located? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
Mark Foley Where are Outlook categories save for IMAP? Using Outlook 12
T Where did my categorized emails go? Using Outlook 1
H Where to post code in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R click to toggle quick click category reasigns to where ? Using Outlook 2
P Where are the cached emails stored? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
D VBA Script (Ask to where to save send mail) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook 2013 People Pane - Where is the "Add" button for social networks? Using Outlook 4
J Lost contacts.pst afer sync with iCloud: where has contact.pst disapperaed to? Using Outlook 3
J Linking Contacts to a Message Where the Contact isn't an Addressee Using Outlook 1
L How do i choose where i file my sent messages? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2007 Contact Card opens in margin of screen where I can't see it Using Outlook 3
P Where the heck is the data? Using Outlook 10
G Modify Subject line of incoming mail where I am in Cc line Using Outlook 1
B Can't locate in Outlook custom form where is message from Using Outlook 4
B help: where are outlook2000 email accounts stored Using Outlook 14
S Where is the BCM SDK?? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Where are my emails that I already? Using Outlook 1
G Where are Saved Reports physically stored? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
O Where is Launcher, the custom action for Exchange server? Exchange Server Administration 1
J Where is Final Release BCM 2010, Microsoft? Why is Dev Team silent BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
B Where is RTM version of BCM 2010? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
N Where have all the helpful people gone in this forum? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S Custom Fields - Deleting And Where Are They Saved Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
M WHERE without using CASE Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Where to publish my custom form ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Where are User-defined fields stored in BCM 2010 database? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
E Where is Business Contact Manager?? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T Where is "administrative groups" Exchange Server Administration 9
D Where does Outlook store signatures? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
K Get folder path where an account stores messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A COM add-in causes Outlook 2007 to periodically crash where it did not in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
1 Where Can I get hold of a copy of Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
E Where is the best place to store values for combobox entries Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E Where is the best place to store values for combobox entries Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
H Where does Outlook 2007 save the default reminder settings? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1