Status
Not open for further replies.

replay

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

I have Exchange 2010 running with SP2 installed. Since i upgraded to SP1 then to SP2 i can't delete emails in the OWA, i have OWA running on port 8000. when its running on port 8000 i can't delete emails. when i set it back to default (443) then i can delete email. I can delete email in the OWA Lite version. I want it on port 8000 because my ISP is blocking port 80 and 443. Oh and ActiveSync is working well on port 8000 ist just in the OWA i can't delete email.

Thanks in advance.

An isp is blocking 80 and 443? How do you surf the web with those ports blocked? Or do you mean you are running a server and the isp is blocking non-business subscribers from running server?

Do you get any error messages when you try to delete messages?

An isp is blocking 80 and 443? How do you surf the web with those ports blocked? Or do you mean you are running a server and the isp is blocking non-business subscribers from running server?

Do you get any error messages when you try to delete messages?

Yes i mean my ISP is blocking non-business subscribers from running a server. When i delete an email i get the error message:

Code:
the selected action can not be performed because there is a configuration problem on the server. contact your helpdesk

eventlog says this:

Code:
Outlook Web App couldn't connect Exchange Web Services due to a configuration error. Response code = "null, webException.Status = ConnectFailure".

I tried the following:

1. reset the virtual directory databases; autodiscover, ecp, ews, activesync, oab, owa

2. check the internal and external url for OWA under client acces. Its set to https://domainname.com:8000/owa the same for ECP but with :8000/ecp

3. i checked the binding for default web site in IIS7 https is binded on port 8000 on the ip adres of the server. Also tried to set it to "no allocation" then the * appears on the ip address

4. when i changes something i did iisreset.

5. rebooted the server several times.

6. tried to set in iis7 under default website owa and ecp authentication anonymous and windows authentication on but with no success.

it's a known issue. It's recommended that you use a firewall to port forward and leave the ports set on the default in Exchange as some ports are hard coded. It may also work to create a NEW web site using the different ports then configure it for exchange using powerskhell commands -

New-OwaVirtualDirectory -WebSiteName "Microsoft Exchange CAS"

New-EcpVirtualDirectory -WebSiteName "Microsoft Exchange CAS"

New-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory -WebSiteName "Microsoft Exchange CAS"

it's a known issue. It's recommended that you use a firewall to port forward and leave the ports set on the default in Exchange as some ports are hard coded. It may also work to create a NEW web site using the different ports then configure it for exchange using powerskhell commands -

New-OwaVirtualDirectory -WebSiteName "Microsoft Exchange CAS"

New-EcpVirtualDirectory -WebSiteName "Microsoft Exchange CAS"

New-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory -WebSiteName "Microsoft Exchange CAS"

Ok thanks. I gonna try that, I am a newbie to exchange so I think i start over and only use 2010 and don't upgrade to SP1.

Before you start over, i would try creating a new website in iis and running those commands on it. If it gets screwed up, no great loss since you are going to start over anyway. If it works, it saves you the effort of reinstalling.

Before you start over, i would try creating a new website in iis and running those commands on it. If it gets screwed up, no great loss since you are going to start over anyway. If it works, it saves you the effort of reinstalling.

Do I create a new website under "default web site" or outside the "default web site" and what to do with the current OWA, ECP and ActiveSync under default website? And how to tell to exchange to use the new created websites?

Create a new website at the same level as the default web site. I think you can set the old website to stopped for now, but may need to delete it. Set the ports then run the cmdlets.

For what its worth, experiencing the same problem after having changed from the default port 443. By doing this, it not only creates a problem with OWA not being able to delete, but it also creates a problem with Out Of Office Assistant configuration access from Outlook with a server unavailable error message. Temporarily setting IIS back to 443 until a solution can be found, possible using the solution below of port forwarding at the firewall...

Status
Not open for further replies.