groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

mungo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
outlook 2010 - I am using a training account (student files) from watsoina publishing that I downloaded from their site.

Training courseware, Microsoft courseware, Computer courseware, MYOB training manuals, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft training manual, Computer training manuals, IT training courseware, Computer training courseware, Office training manual, Excel t . The file is called inf1026.

I have my main(default) email account opened and two other email accounts and then the watsonia account opened.

The pic below shows the contact folder list.

outlook_cont1.PNG

The problem I have is creating a contact group. Using the watsonia contact list when i go and create a group outlook only lets me look in the contacts in my default contacts or the suggested contacts, not the ones in the watsonia contact list. However the group when saved is saved in the watsonia contacts.

I can copy all the default contacts into the watsonia contacts but that seems incorrect. Anyone with an idea on this one Thanks

Right click on the watsonia contact folder and choose Properties. Enable it as an address book on the Outlook Address Book tab.

Great - that did the trick - I guess I dont understand the diffrence between 'contacts' and 'address book' quite well enough as I considered the address book to be an older version of contacts but there seems to be references to both so i am a little confused on that. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Hide/disable "Groups", "Shared Calendars" Using Outlook 2
King Mustard Sort search groups by amount of items? Using Outlook 1
Z VBA to Collapse Task Folder Groups Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Can't create Folder Groups in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2016 Client and 365 - Groups Folder Using Outlook 3
R Can't send messages to groups in Outlook Using Outlook 2
M Mail merge to single contacts + contact groups? Using Outlook 4
I Outlook 2013 Contacts groups, folders Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Peter Thompson Working with Contact Groups as Addressees Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V Is this contact in any groups? Using Outlook 2
M mail merging contacts and contact groups. can code achieve this? Using Outlook 11
M VBA script to allow mail merges of distribution groups? Using Outlook 7
G Private Address Groups Using Outlook 0
J Contact groups don't sync properly Using Outlook 7
N Contact Groups - names keep changing from Contacts to AddressBook Using Outlook 5
V Sharing Hotmail contacts / groups not working as expected Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
O contact groups Using Outlook 10
J Correct settings for send/receive groups w/Exchange Using Outlook 3
F Groups--changing status from co-owner to member Using Outlook 1
C Calendar Groups Using Outlook 1
G Contact Groups Using Outlook 1
D No contact groups in email Using Outlook 4
B Macro to Change sort and collapse groups in Mail folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
T Where is "administrative groups" Exchange Server Administration 9
X Access Outlook Contact Groups with Automation? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L contents of BCM Contact groups not being displayed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1