Mail merge to single contacts + contact groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_malkovich

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi all. I think I asked this question years ago on this forum (because it's the best Outlook forum there is) but since it's been a while I'll ask again because things may have changed. Is it yet possible using code or an add-in to do a mail merge to a mixture of contacts and contact groups? Some organizations actually prefer to receive an email in tandem with their other colleagues. Also, it eliminates me sending several people in the same organization receiving an almost identical email and looking like a prat. Thanks in advance..

I don't have a macro that does both (Actually i do, but forgot :)), but i do have one that does contact groups. Actually, two - one to merge to contact groups, one merges to members of contact groups.

Mail merge to members of a contact group <== this is a basic proof-of-concept demo macro. Select a contact group, run the macro and a message is created for each.

Mail Merge to Contact Groups <== this can do both groups and contacts. Create the message, add the recipients then run the macro to send the message individually to each recipient. Delete this 'merge template' message.

Thanks for your reply Diane. The second one looks up my alley. Can the message be personalized like regular Mail Merge, say, to include the Company name in the body text? <Company> etc..

short version, no, not by pulling anything from the contact as the macro is currently written. if everyone is from the same company, then yes. :)

long version, yes, but you need to add code to lookup each contact. i don't have a macro that does this for mail merge but do have some that look up contacts. The example at the end of Create a List of Meeting Attendees and Responses shows how to look up the contact and grab fields - the macro at Mail Merge to Email using an Outlook Macro shows one way to merge, or use Replace to replace unique keywords (Replace(item.body, "xxxcompanyxxx", ocontact.company). Word's search and replace function should work too. (ah, the benefits of word as the editor).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Cathy Rhone Mail merge error message Using Outlook 1
K Delay Send and Mail Merge Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Add Attachments and Set Email Fields During a Mail Merge Using Outlook 0
iwshim outlook mail merge -rich text Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Add attachments and set email fields during a mail merge to email Using Outlook 0
H Mail Merge status remaining "Not Executed" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
iwshim mail merge and add the contact picture outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
A Reply/Forward Emails using Mail Merge BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
S Custom field not populating in Custom View or Mail Merge Exchange Server Administration 2
W Combine Mail Merge to Distribution List with Auto Attachments - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
M Using mail merge with stationery Using Outlook 5
P Mail Merge vs Direct Mail Print BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A Mail Merge - Sent but still in Outbox Using Outlook 5
R specify from account in mail merge Using Outlook 3
G Mail Merge via Proxy Email? Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2007 Mail Merge not working anymore Using Outlook 1
S mail merge and cc Using Outlook 2
A E-Mail Merge to All E-Mail Addresses on One BCM Contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G VBA Interfering with Email Addresses in Mail Merge? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B How-to Mail Merge with an attachment? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
K Mail Merge to email with attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
H Outlook - Mail Merge Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
L Help: set flag for sent mail to check if received an answer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Macro Mail Alert Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
P What is your strategy for dealing with SPAM and Junk Mail? Using Outlook 1
C Code to move mail with certain attachment name? Does Not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T 1:1 Datatransfer from incoming mail body to customs form body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Mail rule issue Using Outlook 3
A manual rule sends mail to wrong folder Using Outlook 5
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to answer a mail with attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 2003 Mail Fails Using Outlook 1
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
P Print attachments automatically and move the mail to an existing folder called "Ted" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Importing other e-mail accounts into Outlook Using Outlook 1
lcarpay Stay in the mail folder pane after ctrl-1 Using Outlook 1
O Exchange Sync period only (e.g. last years mail) Using Outlook 0
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Convertor for Outlook Express Mail Store (.dbx) to Outlook Mail Store (.pst) Using Outlook 0
T vba extract data from msg file as attachment file of mail message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J E-mail held in Outbox while Minimized Using Outlook 3
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1