VBA: Send-From Code for Template Shortcut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

discgolfdc

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi, all! I'd have to imagine that this should be a fairly easy question for those who know anything more than I do (which isn't saying a whole lot).

I am trying to get some shortcut buttons in a custom Outlook ribbon tab/group that I've created, and I understand how to do that as well as assign macros to those new buttons I'll be putting there. I am using the following macro to call up an OFT template to prepare it for sending:

Code:
Sub OpenCustomTemplate()
  Set newItem = Application.CreateItemFromTemplate("C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Initial Instructor Paperwork Send.oft")
  newItem.Display
End Sub

My problem is this: I have two exchange accounts on our server - one in my name (myname@institution.com), and the other in the name of a specific department I coordinate (departmentname@institution.com). The departmental account was recently tied to my profile, so the "default" account is the one under my name. Is there anything I can add to that code so as to force the newItem to default to being sent from departmentname rather than from myname? When I call up the template using the above code, it always defaults to sending from myname. I know I can always hit the "From" button in the template once it's called up, but if I can automate it, it would be better for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Send E-mail with VBA code from [E-mail Distribution Group] if I have “Send as” Using Outlook 6
S Outllok 2007 VBA code to send mail automatically from drafts folder Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Change settings Send/receive VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
PGSystemTester VBA To Change AppointmentItem.BusyStatus From MeetingItem Before Send Using Outlook 0
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M VBA to send reminder email if no response Using Outlook 13
D Using a VBA Custom Form to Send Reoccurring Email Upon Task Completion Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
stephen li VBA Outlook send mail automatically by specified outlook mail box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B VBA Help Email that will save as draft and send as attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K VBA to prompt and send a CC Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N VBA Script to Send Automatic Emails from Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook VBA to open Excel attachment and send recipient's email address to a workbook cell? Using Outlook 4
H Problems With Outlook 2013 VBA To Send and Print an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D VBA Script (Ask to where to save send mail) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M VBA Send Sales reports using .oft files, originate in Outlook or Excel? Using Outlook 5
V "Accept + Send the Response now", VBA script? Using Outlook 1
D Selection of Send-From Account with Template VBA Shortcut Using Outlook 0
S Send All emails in Outbox and Quit using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Using VBA to send Word document as body of message works in 2007, but not in 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
H using VBA to edit subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Outlook 2019 VBA to List Meetings in Rooms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geoffnoakes Counting and/or listing fired reminders via VBA Using Outlook 1
O VBA - Regex - remove double line spacing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D.Moore Strange VBA error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D VBA - unable to set rule condition 'on this computer only' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
BartH VBA no longer working in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Can vba(for outlook) do these 2 things or not? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
MattC Changing the font of an email with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P MailItem.To Property with VBA not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Tweak vba so it can target another mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook 2010 VBA fails to launch Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Create a Quick Step or VBA to SAVE AS PDF in G:|Data|Client File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook (desktop app for Microsoft365) restarts every time I save my VBA? Using Outlook 1
D VBA Macro to Print and Save email to network location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
TedSch Small vba to kill political email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3