Not open for further replies.

lgnfox

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Send E-mail with VBA code from [E-mail Distribution Group] if I have Send as

Good afternoon.

I know that subject of my question is not new, but I can’t find good solution.

I need to send message from the certain E-mail address (E-mail Distribution Group) with VBA code.

I have permission “Send as” and I can do it by hands, changing field “From”,

From.jpg

but I don’t know how to do this in VBA.

There are some methods:
  1. SendUsingAccount doesn't fit because I can’t adjust [Account distribution group] in the [Outlook client] as [Outlook account]. In addition I can send E-mail manually from [Distribution Group] without it.
  2. SentOnBehalfOfName isn’t correct method, because it changes only SentOnBehalfOfName property, and receiver can see real sender in SenderEmailAddress (SenderName) properties, although I have “Send as” permission.
  3. SenderEmailAddress (SenderName) could be read only
  4. Anything else
For test I use Rule, which runs when test E-mail came in:

Code:
Sub CustomMailMessage_111111111111(Item As Outlook.MailItem) 

Dim OutApp As Outlook.Application 

Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") 

Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem 

Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient 

'Create the message. 

Set objOutlookMsg = OutApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) 

Set objOutlookRecip = objOutlookMsg.Recipients.Add("Fokin@lgn.ru") 

objOutlookRecip.Type = olTo 

' objOutlookMsg.SenderEmailAddress = "OBT_Group@XXX.ru" 

objOutlookMsg.Subject = "HRU" 

'Будем отправлять все письма в HTML иначе приходящие пути к папкам у пользователей не подсвечиваются 

objOutlookMsg.HTMLBody = "HRU" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf 

objOutlookMsg.Importance = olImportanceHigh 'High importance 

'Resolve each Recipient's name. 

For Each objOutlookRecip In objOutlookMsg.Recipients 

objOutlookRecip.Resolve 

Next 

objOutlookMsg.Save 

objOutlookMsg.Send 

Set OutApp = Nothing 

End Sub

How can I send E-mail with VBA code from [E-mail Distribution Group] if I have “Send as” permission (not using SentOnBehalfOfName property)?

Re: Send E-mail with VBA code from [E-mail Distribution Group] if I have Send

It's a pity. Thanks a lot for response.

I'm checking on this, but i seem to recall that you can't SendAs using VBA.

It's possible to do, I managed to send E-mail with VBA code from [E-mail Distribution Group] with “Send as” permission.

My guy said you need to use SentOnBehalfOfName to do it - is that what you used or did you so it some other way.

My guy said you need to use SentOnBehalfOfName to do it - is that what you used or did you so it some other way.

I tried to use SentOnBehalfOfName but one didn’t fit, because it changed only SentOnBehalfOfName property, and receiver could see real sender in SenderEmailAddress and SenderName properties.

I’ve read many articles and found MailItem.Sender Property: Read/write (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.interop.outlook._mailitem.sender.aspx#Y0).

I used it :)))

Cool. I'll be sure to rub it into my dev guy. <g>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
stephen li VBA Outlook send mail automatically by specified outlook mail box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D VBA Script (Ask to where to save send mail) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outllok 2007 VBA code to send mail automatically from drafts folder Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook creates a copie of every mail I send Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
soadfan Outlook won't send e-mail when offline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 19
K Delay Send and Mail Merge Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
undercover_smother Automatically Forward All Sent Mail and Delete After Send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
I Outlook 2013 Send mail - it just sticks in Outbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Tim King Send mail from MSWord through Outlook Using Outlook 3
R OL2010 - Send to Mail Recipient going to wrong account Using Outlook 1
R Unable to send mail using Cox.net Using Outlook 1
Emerogork How do I activate the "Send Again" option in Sent Mail folder? Using Outlook 1
S Check if two organisition is added then i have to give managers passward creteria to send mail Using Outlook 1
A Application_ItemSend not accessed when sending email outside outlook (i.e. word or send to mail from Using Outlook 7
D Create additional custom flag descriptions (other than Send E-Mail, Call etc.) Using Outlook 1
A yahoo mail doesn't send or receive reliably Using Outlook 1
Z Send mail and contents of body from ms word document Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 2010 unable to send iCloud account e-mail after iOS 7 upgrade Using Outlook 12
C Insert a Date Picker for Send Mail Subject Using Outlook 1
C MsgBox Everytime I send a mail Using Outlook 1
L "sometimes" cant send mail, we have to copy and paste the message and resend? Using Outlook 2
K A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf... Using Outlook 1
A How to send Personalized attachment while sending mass mail Using Outlook 1
G Rule: IF mail received by X, THEN no action; IF mail not received by X, SEND Using Outlook 0
E Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server/Cannot send mess. Using Outlook 0
T HELP - Send e-mail verification text box Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
B How do I create and send mail in Outlook 2003 from code? Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2003 does not send or receive imap mail from server Using Outlook 0
R OL10 - Send To "Mail Recipient" doesn't go to default email account Using Outlook 23
O Send Mail Via Outlook Even If Outlook Is Closed Using Outlook 4
C send mail every days Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D How can I send a group email to a color catagory re: yellow= mail BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Get rid of having to type verification characters to send mail BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
H how to send a e-mail with a annex automaticly Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
O Scheduled Task Fails running Code to send Outlook Mail from Excel. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
D Outlook 2007 Will Not Send Mail From C# Application Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
P Move mail item after send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Send Mail If Statement Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Q Error code appears when I try to send e mail Using Outlook 2
S Reading mailitem after mail is send give runtime error. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Synchronization and taking forever to send Using Outlook 2
D Send on behalf of does not store the base mailbox Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0