UserForm Code For Contact Links

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the Smart Woman!!! Did you get my last e-mail explaining how it searches the contact folder but shows up the names on duplicated bases...meaning...many many times.....can you look at the code I sent by e-mail and let me know what to do please...as it does do the search.....

i haven't had a chance t look at it, looking into problems with a bad update.

Mine is a bad update or something else you are working on?

For me, its where to put the following:

Set myContacts = objFolder.Items.Restrict("[Categories] = '" & Category & "'")

Set ctcItems = objFolder.Items.Restrict("[FullName] = '" & ContactName & "'")

As Set objFolder = objOutlook.Session.GetDefaultFolder(OlDefaultFolders.olFolderContacts) is already in both places of the code

I emailed you the updated code as I found the way to put in the two lines above and not repeating the contacts....and still links to the contacts as well...and searches all folders, subfolders, sub-sub folders, and sub-sub-subfolders....

Thanks so much as your words originally Set myContacts = objFolder.Items.Restrict("[Categories] = '" & Category & "'") I then used the the objfolder.items.restrict concept for the contact link area as well....

So just now need how to sort the comboboxes on an alphebetical way and not sorted just from each folder or subfolder they come from!!

Thru online Outlook Exchange, they say that the following code will load a ComboBox with sorted data from a Contacts folder.....

So, can you look at this, and see what if we can updgrade relative to both Comboboxes per my code, and where do I add it to the Code so it does it??

Function Item_Open()
Set Mypage = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("Message")
Set MyFolder = Application.GetNameSpace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(10)
Set MyContacts = MyFolder.Items
Set MyItem = MyContacts.Item(1)
Set ComboBox1 = GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("Message").Controls("ComboBox1")
ComboBox1.Clear
MyContacts.Sort"[LastName]",False
ReDim MyArray(MyContacts.Count - 1,3)
Dim I
I=0

For Each MyItem In MyContacts

Debug.WriteLine(MyItem.LastName & " " & MyItem.CompanyName & " " & MyItem.FileAs)
' ComboBox1.AddITem MyItem.FirstName & " " & MyItem.LastName, 0
MyArray(I, 0) = MyItem.FirstName & " " & MyItem.LastName & " " &
MyItem.CompanyName
MyArray(I, 1) = MyItem.CompanyName
MyArray(I, 2) = MyItem.FileAS
I=I+1
Next

'Set Combobox equal to the array to populate list
ComboBox1.List() = MyArray
End Function

Does that code get contacts from all of your folders or just one?

Ast to the code I use to show the categories and related contacts, it searches the contact folder and all subfolders, sub-subfolders and sub-sub -subfolders. As to the code that I just posted, I don't know what it is.

Waiting on the Smart Woman!!!

Only dumb women around here tonight. ;) I'll take a look at it as soon as I get my newsletter sent - the bad Outlook 2013 updates have me behind schedule.

This code:

Dim I
I=0
Debug.WriteLine(MyItem.LastName & " " & MyItem.CompanyName & " " & MyItem.FileAs)
MyItem.CompanyName
I=I+1
Next

grabs each contact then sorts them as it reads them. you'd repeat it for each folder, building into the array.

it uses MyContacts as the variable:

Set MyFolder = Application.GetNameSpace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder( 10)
Set MyContacts = MyFolder.Items

you'll change MyContacts to the variable you use in your code (if its not MyContacts).

BTW, I'll be out of town for the weekend.

Thanks. Where do i put these please re my full code And what do i change or delete re my code?? I can do what you tell me right away.

I think it would be here - definitely after you set myContacts. I'm not 100% sure if redimming will erase the array, you might need to delete that line, dimming it only at the top of the macro.

Set myContacts = fldr.items.Restrict("[Categories] = '" & Category & "'")
If myContacts.Count > 0 Then

Dim I
I=0
MyItem.CompanyName
I=I+1
Next

Are are there dims i put at the top? CAn you type to me the full updated code across all?

Are are there dims i put at the top? CAn you type to me the full updated code across all?

These are the two lines that Dim - try the macro with them in the code where they are and if MyArrary only has contacts for one folder, it will need moved, although I'm not totally sure where it should be.

Dim I

I emailed you the entire code as whatever I tried, there were different errors.....so send it back to me based on all your changes and I will give it a try....thanks so much

Any possible update tonight as the full code?

Status
Not open for further replies.