Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike3000

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hello,

I've been working on a script to automate a process that will reduce the amount of time I spend renaming files.

I'm new to VBS but I've come to a point where I can now automate incoming mail and time-stamp it the way I want (YYYY-MM-DD_(hhmmss) - ". I also have a module that deletes the time-stamp on a reply message and re-stamps it.

I'm experiencing an issue whereby immediate incoming messages do not follow the script. The script is executed correctly only after a second email bumps it down the queue. (This works but it's very annoying).

If I run the rule manually, it stamps the time on a recurring loop until there are no more characters left int he subject line.

Code is attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Capture.PNG

Hello,

I've been working on a script to automate a process that will reduce the amount of time I spend renaming files.

I'm new to VBS but I've come to a point where I can now automate incoming mail and time-stamp it the way I want (YYYY-MM-DD_(hhmmss) - ". I also have a module that deletes the time-stamp on a reply message and re-stamps it.

I'm experiencing an issue whereby immediate incoming messages do not follow the script. The script is executed correctly only after a second email bumps it down the queue. (This works but it's very annoying).

If I run the rule manually, it stamps the time on a recurring loop until there are no more characters left int he subject line.

Code is attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

View attachment 1959

Solved by adding code from following thread.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ered-the-inbox

The problem is with rules, you don't use the for count and most of the other code - the rule picks up the incoming item and references it as item per the bolded part. You just need to do whatever with it.

Sub add_date(item as outlook.mailitem)
strSubject = item.subject
item.subject = date & strsubject
item.save
end sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H using VBA to edit subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Auto changing email subject line in bulk Using Outlook 2
D Prompt to prefix subject line whenever sending an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
2 How to get rid of the "Emailing:" prefix in the subject line Using Outlook 1
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Macro to file emails into subfolder based on subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V vBA for searching a cell's contents in Outlook and retrieving the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Macro to extract sender name & subject line of incoming emails to single txt file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C How to rename subject line and forward the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Add Prefix text to Subject Line Using Outlook 1
M Convert Subject Line to Internet Header version of Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
J VBA Outlook : Subject line : Cut and Paste name to heading , number to very end of the body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Change Subject Line in Selected Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outlook - cannot save subject line changes Using Outlook 2
O On click,I want to change subject line of selected mail and then reply to particular email and move Using Outlook 3
N Select Appointment subject line from combobox or list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Sending email copy (*.msg file) of sent email if subject line contains specific string. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Marco in search of text in subject line Using Outlook 8
N automatic response with an attachment based on the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K ind specific Subject line from outlook and copy the content of the email body to exce Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C replace subject line generated by converting a word document to PDF and sending it to an email Using Outlook 8
C Outlook Subject Line Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Can't see full text in From and Subject line Using Outlook 1
D dropdown list in new email in subject line Using Outlook 4
N Rename Subject Line with Email Content Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Stilgar Relsik Create a rule to copy text from an email and paste it in the subject line. Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Editing the Subject Line in Outlook Using Outlook 0
Aussie I Change the Subject Line ... but after it is moved the subject has reverted Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Add a file number or keyword to the subject line of messages Using Outlook 0
O How to set subject line in replies using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B VBA to prepend subject line Using Outlook 0
M Outlook adds strange characters inserted into the Subject Line Using Outlook 2
D VBA Code to strip Subject Line when replying or forwarding Using Outlook 3
D RTRIM a subject line for grouping purposes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Create Calendar Alert Event form Mail Subject line? Using Outlook 4
Phillip Strip Text from Subject Line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Autofill subject line in appointment from options selected in combobox Using Outlook 6
J Create an appointment from Contact list with the Company name in the Subject line Using Outlook 1
C Save outlook attachments and rename/append files with identifier from subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Need to extract a line from a word attachment, and add it to the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Point Subject Line to Data Field Using Outlook 1
M VBA code to save email attachments (PDF) as email subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Edit Subject Line of Meeting Invitation? Using Outlook 1
W Macro to add a word in Subject Line Using Outlook 1
D VBA script to auto download attachments and rename file according to subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 23
A Change subject line of external software using outlook. Using Outlook 1
F VB Script, remove text from subject line when forwarding Using Outlook 22
A Adding text to the subject line Using Outlook 1
V Encoding problem in subject line Using Outlook 0
S Macro to create a new folder with subject line as the folder name Using Outlook 2