Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Ellis

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi Forum,

Could someone point me in the right direction here please?
I have found snippets which cover some of my needs but not all.
I want to offer users a selection of subject titles which would be prefixed with their initials when creating new appointments. eg. NE - Training Seminar
The selection could take place on the newly opened appointment in the form of a combobox or on a Userform (opened prior to the appointment).

I beleive the option of the Userform is best as I know I can't edit the first side of the standard appointment form.
Is this really the the best way to achieve the aim or can someone suggest something better?
And secondly, how would I get code to call the userform whenever a new appointment is created?

Thanks for your consideration!!

Sorry i missed this, i was on vacation.

Editing the custom form might be the better solution, as you can publish it to the Exchange org library and everyone will have access to it. You should be able to use code behind the form and hidden custom fields to do what you need. (But i don't have any samples that do it, sorry).

Distributing a macro is more difficult unless you compile it into an addin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S New Outlook Appointment - Select All Body Text and Change Font and Size Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Display PF contact folder items to select contact to link to appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G How to Copy Multi Select Listbox Data to Appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Select Multiple Graphic Objects Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2016 Creating an outlook Macro to select and approve Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D VBA code to select a signature from the signatures list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C must select message to trigger safe list Using Outlook 3
O VBA Cases with Listbox - Can you use Multi-Select? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Add 'Company' to Select Names Form Using Outlook 1
B Select / activate first email item in the searched query Using Outlook 1
A Multi-select Listbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
H Select Specific Account When Sending Email, Based on Current Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Auto-complete - block select emails Using Outlook 3
N Select a folder in a user account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Select from a List of Subjects before Sending a Message Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Select Multiple Calendars in Outlook Using Outlook 0
P Select image in contact notes field and save as jpg Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
oliv- How to select an mailitem in explorer with "show as conversation" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
N Select Existing BCM Business Contact in C# application Using Outlook 0
nathandavies Creating a Select Case for a directory of folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B What is the best way to use Outlook address book to select customer and then open Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
C Outlook 2007 Select Names Default columns Using Outlook 3
R Can BCM monitor and select specific emails and use content info to update the client's record? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Cannot select iCloud calendar Using Outlook 5
H Select one of Contact-Mailadesses to Export > Excel or Winword Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Select Outlook account for BCM? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
Z Manual archive of select folders Using Outlook 1
R How to modify Outlook Select Rooms form columns Using Outlook 1
Z bulk add categories / with fixed colours / select multiple categories on a not Using Outlook 1
C Outlook editing won't select just one word Using Outlook 1
I Address book contacts not listed in "Select Names:Contacts" window Using Outlook 2
Y Outlook 2010 Select and reply to multiple messages at one time Using Outlook 0
Y Outlook 2010 Select and reply to multiple messages at one time Using Outlook 2
D Contacts as default in Select Names dialog Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 caendar hangs when I select today's day BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
J Select Names Dialog Box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
S Outlook Email Help: Select custom voting button options VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Outlook Coding - Select different email adresses to send from Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Select the position of an attached file in a HTML mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Select/Unselect items in ActiveExplorer by code? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M How to programmatically select a outlook search folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Select Alternate profile Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Event for email message select Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L RE: Select Users in Shared Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R select folder as addressbook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Select a folder in Outlook (in code) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M using excel to sort outlook appointment items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4