1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: VBA macro for Inbox's attachments search
    Dismiss Notice

Outlook 2010 Auto-complete - block select emails

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by Nan, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Nan

Nan

Long shot but any chance there's a way to block and/or enable the auto complete of emails, address by address?
    So instead of autocomplete created for all or none, any chance we can let it create an autocomplete just for the contacts we say OK to or not for the contacts we say NO to?

Would marking a contact Private do it as a work around?

I want several of my contacts to be in the autocomplete but not all of them. I clean it out or delete them, but as we know, once I email them again, autocomplete add them back in.

Admitted it was a long shot but thought there might be a work around of some type.

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

No, not possible - private won't help either. To the best of my knowledge, it's not exposed in the object model, so you can't use a macro to clear names either.

If everyone is in your contacts, you could turn off autocomplete and use auto resolve to address email.

3. Nan

Nan

Wow! THAT's what I wanted. Auto Resolve. Didn't know it existed. Fantastic. Just Googled it and learned how to use it. Turned off Auto Complete, cleaned it out and I guess my Auto Resolve was already turned on. I thought it wasn't working but then realized it takes a while to get the red line. Even cks all my address books. Cool! Thanks!

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Tabbing out of the field should trigger it, but Alt+K will bring it up immediately (Ctrl+K also works, if you are in the to/cc/bcc fields.)