Strip Text from Subject Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Hi,
I need a macro that will delete various text phrases that get inserted into the subject line of email.

Text phases like: , RE: , UNCLASS, FW: , Fwd, and several more.

I found a macro on this website (cannot remembber the author) that will remove a single occurrence of a text phrase. In this case the macro removes the phrase "RE: " from the subject line.

'Code to Remove string "RE1:_" from subject line - RE1: with single space
Sub StripSubjectRE1(oItem As Outlook.MailItem)
Dim iDeleteRE1 As Integer
Dim sDeleteRE1 As String
Dim sOldRE1 As String
Dim sNewRE1 As String

iDeleteRE1 = 0
sDeleteRE1 = "RE: "

With oItem
sOldRE1 = .Subject
iDeleteRE1 = InStr(1, .Subject, sDeleteRE1, vbTextCompaRE1)

If iDeleteRE1 <> 0 Then
sNewRE1 = Replace(sOldRE1, sDeleteRE1, "", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
.Subject = Trim(sNewRE1)
.Save
End If
End With
End Sub

I would like a single macro that will handle a list of several text phrases.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
Phil

You can replace all the code between sub & end sub by this one
Code:
dim arr as variant,i as long
arr=array("phrase 1", "phrase2", "etc")
for i=0 to ubound(arr)
  oitem.subject=replace(oitem.subject,arr(i),"",,,vbtextcompare)
next
oitem.subject=trim(oitem.subject)
oitem.save

Thanks Michael, it works fine!

by the way, how many phrases can I insert in the ARR=ARRAY(..... line?

Thanks,
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J HELP- Rule to auto strip prepend from external emails Using Outlook 0
D VBA Code to strip Subject Line when replying or forwarding Using Outlook 3
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
J PSA: How to create custom keyboard shortcut for "Paste Unformatted Text" in Outlook on Windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
O Replace hard returns with soft returns on selected text and button to QAT Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 365 Emails showing as links and text only Using Outlook 4
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
J Text icon in Quick Access toolbar ? Using Outlook 2
S New Outlook Appointment - Select All Body Text and Change Font and Size Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Copy specific email body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L did MS ever add way to text via Outlook Using Outlook 5
B Outlook 365 Populate Outlook Task UDFs from a UDF text string Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
BartH Add a string to the conditions in .Conditions.BodyOrSubject.Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S HTML to Plain Text Macro - Help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
T Original email text not shown when replying or forwarding the email. Using Outlook 9
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
P Forwarding emails issue with special characters replacing text body Using Outlook 1
J Autoreply email recieved from specific sender after deleting some text from body. Using Outlook 0
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
S Body text of Email from invite date/time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 0
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 10
V Limiting text length in free text field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Jennifer Murphy Ctrl+Tab sometimes will not move through text a word at a time Using Outlook 1
B Add Prefix text to Subject Line Using Outlook 1
Z Add text to auto-forwarded e-mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M VBA to auto forward message with new subject and body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
T Missing text in e-mail message after "(Please keep confidential)" Using Outlook 3
S Outlook to check for specific text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Read and Write to Text File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Program Checkbox that will activate a text box in a Outlook fallible form. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N How to remove signature formatting from Text in Word (accidentally taken from Outlook) Using Outlook 0
B Paste formatted text (bold, underlined and in quotes) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Remove text to Clean Up Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Macro - paste as plain text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Is there an Outlook tool to normalize text for entries that are in ALL CAPS? Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a way to add something that is in the "Format Text" tab to the "basic Text" on the message tab Using Outlook 1
D Remove text in subject using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Body text of email disappears when I scan an attachment from printer to email Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007: Address Cards allow entering text! Why? Using Outlook 3
S View Appointment in Text Wrap in Outlook 2007 Month Calendar View Using Outlook 0
RangerRick Text Extraction from forwarded messages external Exchange Server Administration 1
S Emails Configured As HTML But Sent As Plain Text Using Outlook 13