Status
Not open for further replies.
A

apostrophe

I need to print out all the emails in an Outlook 2007 folder containing about

30 emails, some with attachments. Is it possible to do this without opening

each email and printing it individually. Thanks, Gavin

"apostrophe" <apostrophe> wrote in message

news:989A3687-D2A8-463F-A7FA-C846C88F87ED@microsoft.com...

> I need to print out all the emails in an Outlook 2007 folder containing about
> 30 emails, some with attachments. Is it possible to do this without opening
> each email and printing it individually. Thanks, Gavin

Select them all and click File>Print.

--

Thanks Brian, that solved the email printing task but attachments were not

printed, can this also be automated instead of opening and printing the many

attachments individually?

"Brian Tillman " wrote:

> "apostrophe" <apostrophe> wrote in message
> news:989A3687-D2A8-463F-A7FA-C846C88F87ED@microsoft.com...
>
> >I need to print out all the emails in an Outlook 2007 folder containing about
> > 30 emails, some with attachments. Is it possible to do this without opening
> > each email and printing it individually. Thanks, Gavin

> Select them all and click File>Print.
> >

>

"apostrophe" <apostrophe> wrote in message

news:FF92D17B-6D2B-48F0-9C3F-D5618774C5BE@microsoft.com...

> Thanks Brian, that solved the email printing task but attachments were not
> printed, can this also be automated instead of opening and printing the many
> attachments individually?

To the best of my knowledge, Outlook does not print attachments, ever. You

must use the application that knows how to open the attachment to print it.

--

Does anyone know what software program might exist to print emails in a folder? i.e. I want to print 100 emails, some with attachments, without having to individually open each email and manually printing.

Did you try select all, Print?

If you own Acrobat, the package feature does a good job - print to pdf then print the pdf to paper. Otherwise, there are print utilties listed at control how messages are printed

I have been able to select and print multiple emails with some success. However, the printing stops (whether sent to printer or PDF) when it reaches certain emails. I have noticed that it stops printing the list of emails with the last printed email being an HTML email. This has happened several times with different folders.

It just stops as if it was finished. While trying to troubleshoot this I have been printing to PDF. My folder includes 65 emails and the PDF ends on page 26. The last email printed was loaded with HTML. If I skip this email (by not selecting it in the list) my PDF makes it all the way to the 62nd email and stops. The 62nd email also had a bunch of HTML. So it seems that the emails with extensive HTML are halting the printjob (or signifying the end). My goal is to use this on a folder that has over 500 emails of which numerous emails have HTML.

I have noticed that the specific emails that are giving me a problem contain pictures and Outlook has the warning about downloading pictures (I did accept and download pictures). Perhaps this is related to my security settings but why does it print the troublesome email and not the following email?

It is stopping on the dialog. In tools, trust center, automatic download settings uncheck the option for warn before downloading when editing, replies, forwards so it doesn't warn. Then it should print ok, but may pause as it downloads the images.

You can also get to this setting by clicking Reply on one of the messages and clicking do not show again, then Yes.

After you are done printing, you can change the setting back.

Thanks but that didn't fix the problem. I already had that box unchecked. To ensure that Outlook recognised it, I checked, applied and unchecked the option again but to no avail. It still stops when I get to that email.

I've been experimenting and I'm not sure it is the pictures that are causing the problem. I have tried another folder and it hangs on an email that doesn't have any pictures.

What PDF software are you printing to? Are these messages the only HTML messages with pictures that need to be downloaded? I'm thinking there is a script or something else that needs confirmed - what happens if you just select the 2 problem mails and print?

Hi Guys!I am also trying to print multiple emails each with an attachment from Outlook. I have no troubles selecting the multiple messages and printing with the attachments via the check box. My issue is this- Outlook first prints all of the emails, and THEN prints all of the attchments. What i need is for the email to print with its attachments in succession. I have tried selecting col-ligate but that doesn't help. Any suggestions?

The order can get messed up because HTML message take longer to spool. That may be what happens with your attachments - outlook happily goes along printing everything as it spools and the attachments take longer. Some of the utilties at control how messages are printed will print them in the proper order.

Status
Not open for further replies.