Is there any way to convert outlook 2003 to outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyula

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I wanted to know the how to convert outlook 2003 to outlook 2007. I have all my important mails and contacts in outlook 2003. I want to convert to 2007 is there anyway to get all my mails and contacts to 2007 from 2003.

Upgrading office on the same computer? Just install 2007 and outlook will use the old profile.

Moving to an new computer? See Move outlook to a new computer

All you need is the pst file you are using with Outlook 2003 - and even if you are just upgrading your computer, i recommend copying the pst for backup. It's good practice to have a backup copy of your data file.

Please note you do not need to buy software to migrate - its very easy to do without software. Your mail, calendar, and contacts are all in the pst file.

I am also having issues with moving my Outlook 2003 pst file to Outlook 2007. I am unable to see any of the folders I had created in 2003. If I move the pst back to Outlook 2003 the folders are visible.

In Outlook 2007, switch to the Folder list (Ctrl+6) - can you find the folders there?

Thanks for the reply, I discovered the issue. My wife had created a separate pst file for all her folders. I have now added the pst folder and all our mail folders have been recovered. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Outlook 2002 - How to upgrade to 2003 and convert PST from ANSI to Unicode? Using Outlook 7
A Outlook 2003: convert all RTF emails to HTML Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 0
P How do I convert outlook “to-do” items to “tasks” Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Outlook 2016 64bit - on receipt convert emails into PDF and save Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Outlook 2013 how to convert 2013 OST file into an another format, i m using outlook 2013 versions. Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2013 won't convert Excel contacts into Outlook contacts using my custom form Using Outlook 3
D Outlook contacts no in address book - 2002 pst file convert to 2007 pst file? Using Outlook 0
J How to convert BCM contacts to normal Outlook contacts BUT... BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
K Need to convert .mmf file to .pst format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Convert Subject Line to Internet Header version of Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
E To convert imported data to custom fields in Task list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Convert POP3 account (PST) to IMAP (.OST) Using Outlook 3
S problem with convert Using Outlook 1
C convert an .ost to .pst Using Outlook 3
D The way to convert ost to pst Using Outlook 2
sneaky30 convert text to date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Is it possible to convert address book to "Auto-Complete List" (NK2)? Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Convert an Offline File (.ost) to a Personal File (.pst) Using Outlook 0
S How to do I convert OST file to PST? Exchange Server Administration 3
J convert .pst to .eml, how is it possible? Using Outlook 1
M convert/import a customized record into the default "Account" record BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
V Check/convert to emailaddresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
R Convert Access table to pst Using Outlook 1
L Convert Distribution List of Contacts to Single Contacts Using Outlook 6
G Tasks - convert email to task & attach email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A Re: Convert Oportunity to Project? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
B convert VBA code to Add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q How tough is it to convert VBA to Addin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4