Outlook contacts no in address book - 2002 pst file convert to 2007 pst file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DG-DGCM

I have used Outlook for more than a decade. Over time, I have added hundreds of contacts to Outlook starting while running Windows XP. I upgraded to Office 2003 a few years ago on a computer running Windows XP and transferred the outlook pst files to Office 2003. A couple years ago, I upgraded Office and Outlook to the 2007 version. Consequently, my pst file is a Personal File Folder (97-2002) version.
A week ago, I bought a new computer with Windows 7. I loaded Office 2007 to the new computer and then used the personal data transfer wizard to move the pst file and other info to the new computer. All seemed to work well, except …..
When I am operating Outlook and go to use the address book to get email addresses, the Outlook Contacts is not recognized by the system. It shows up as the address book default go-to file, but Outlook will not let me take any action such as deleting or adding it (it is greyed out). I have reviewed all the chat room / Office advice comments about this known issue and have tried the things that people suggested, by still no success. I am surprised and disappointed that Microsoft has not created a program that converts the 97-2002 pst file to a 2003-07 pst file format to alleviate this problem that many people are having.
Or, is there any workarounds that Microsoft can recommend to convert the Contacts portion of the Outlook pst file from the old version to the new version through an export - import routine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 10
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 2016 doesn't show contacts in address book Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2010 - Contacts associated with an e-mail address Using Outlook 1
R OUTLOOK 2003 on WinXP, Prob: CONTACTS or ADDRESS BOOK not connected or missing Using Outlook 6
S Outlook 2010 Email address dissapearing in SOME of contacts Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 contacts do not show up in address book - 97-2003 pst file Using Outlook 0
K Outlook insert clip art, no results found...address book contacts only show up Using Outlook 5
M How to clean duplicate/empty e-mail address fields in Outlook contacts Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2010 difficulty choosing the right contacts in the address book Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2010 Trial Is Up and Now 2007 Address Books Aren't Connecting to Contacts Using Outlook 24
B Outlook 2010. Cannot access my Contacts from clicking 'To' butto to find an email send address. Using Outlook 2
B add address from outlook 2007 contacts to word document problem Using Outlook 12
P Sharing Outlook contacts so users can select as an address book for email. Using Outlook 1
B MobileMe sync does mail and address book, but, does not move contacts from Outlook to MobileMe Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2007 won't let me save new contacts in my address book because I don't have a PAB set up and Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010: Contacts don't appear in Address Book view unless you search for them Using Outlook 5
J Thunderbird to Outlook -- importing address book/contacts Using Outlook 2
C Address book and contacts in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
G How do I find/open Address Book in Windows7 and insert my Outlook Contacts? Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2010 use or lack of Windows Contacts as an Address Book Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 - unable to add a Public Contacts folder as an email address book - 'Outlook Address Bo Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2010 - deleting contacts from address book...they remain in Contacts Using Outlook 1
B contacts not showing up in address book in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
J outlook 2010 will not attach contacts to address book Using Outlook 2
D Notify Outlook contacts of my new Outlook email address??? Using Outlook 1
K Outlook Address Book - Will Reinstalling Delete My Contacts? Using Outlook 2
H Outlook Contacts vs. Address Book Using Outlook 2
S I can't import my Contacts/Address Book from Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2010. I only receive my portion of the contacts. Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2010 Contacts won't link to Address Book Using Outlook 1
A Uploaded Outlook Contacts Will Not Populate Email Address Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2007 Contacts Address Book Using Outlook 1
N How do I configure Outlook 2010 to search Local Contacts before Global Address List? Using Outlook 1
T No Address Book in Outlook 2010 - doesn't show my Contacts Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 - Import emails and contacts (address book) from Thunderbird 3.0 Using Outlook 7
C moving contacts to be part of outlook address book. Using Outlook 5
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2016 Contacts missing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 3
O Synchronising contacts Outlook 365 with Google v.v. Using Outlook 4
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4
T Outlook Contacts ... Changing Font Size, Style, Bold, etc. Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
L How do you turn off Outlook contacts "hints" popup Using Outlook 2
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
W Migrating Outlook 365 Contacts & Calendar Using Outlook 2
K Outlook.com is not showing, or finding via search, all my Contacts (People) Using Outlook 0
A Add to Outlook Contacts from email - default view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R How to delete Facebook Contacts folder in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 7