• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to delete Facebook Contacts folder in Outlook 365

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
In Outlook 365 under MY Contacts in the left pane, I have various folders, one of which is "Facebook Contacts" (I did not put there). I don't need nor want it but it always reappears after deleting it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance as always :)

Rich W

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Is there an outlook.com account in your profile? You used to be able to link Facebook in outlook on the web but i thought they killed it off - its possible if you had skype linked to Facebook, they brought the contacts over from skype when they turned that feature off. You should be able to delete them from the web.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Yes I do have an outlook.com account (same Microsoft account login) but the Facebook Contacts folder does not show up there. By the way I also have a Skype Contacts folder which I did not put there either, but it has some Skype contact names in it so I decided to keep it. But there are NO names in the Facebook Contacts folder (I don't do Facebook but do have a deactivated account with them from many years ago). I wish Microsoft wouldn't assume that I am a Facebook user. Frustrating.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
So the folder is not showing up in Outlook.com? Do you have an office 365 account on the business side? They pulled Facebook from most subscriptions, but a few still have access to it. Either way, you should be able to delete it from OWA if not outlook desktop.

if all else fails, hide or delete it using MFCMAPI or a macro. How to Hide or Delete Outlook's Default Folders

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
No. The 365 is a personal account. One thing though, I only have an exchange connection. No .pst file just .ost. Maybe that is why after deletion it keeps reappearing?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have an Office 365 subscription and I too have the Facebook Contacts (and Skype Contacts) folder in Outlook 2016 (Exchange). I can confirm also, that the folder does not show in the Outlook.com web interface.

I am able to delete the Facebook Contacts folder in Outlook 2016, only for it to re-appear. What really annoys me is I did not create the folder and I DO NOT have a facebook account.