Redemption? Need rapid pull of Outlook Contacts, email + notes for VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

donphillipe

Outlook version
Email Account
IMAP
Is there an official forum for Outlook Redemption? If so, I can't find it. I have a question that deals with the use of it and would like to post in the proper place.
I am looping through all my contacts in a VBA macro and this takes about 2-3 seconds per contact so I am looking for a faster way to do it. I am an intermediate level VBA coder but there is major divide in my understanding of some of the more "exotic" redemption calls such as the one included below (assumed in the general area of what I want to do). I did install Outlook Spy and I see the new options for IAddrBook, IMsgStore, etc and clicked on them but I don't have a clue what all the info means. From all I can gather there is a MAPItable call that will pull all or part of my address book out and rapidly. Right now it is taking around 3 minutes to extract the contents of 3 address fields into an array.

I am not sure what all can be pulled using this example below nor do I know what to make of it. I only want Name, Email address and Notes to load into an array and hopefully doable in a few seconds instead of 3 minutes. THANKS! (continued ....)

(Lifted as-is from http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/mapitable.htm )

Code:
dim Columns(0)
     dim Row
     dim Rows
     dim sItem
     dim oItem
            [I]'first we need to find out the property tag for FileUnder
     'it is a named property, hence we need to use GetIDsFromNames
     'see [URL]http://www.cdolive.com/cdo10.htm[/URL]       and use [URL="http://www.dimastr.com/outspy/"]OutlookSpy[/URL]
     'to figure out most GUIDs and ids
            [/I]if MAPIFolder.Items.Count > 0 Then  [I]     'only makes sense if there       are items anyway
            [/I]  set oItem = MAPIFolder.Items(1)  [I]      'take any item, we only need it       for GetIDsFromNames
            [/I]         set sItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeContactItem")
       sItem.Item = oItem
       PT_STRING8 = &H1E
       PR_FILE_UNDER = sItem.GetIDsFromNames("{00062004-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}",       &H8005) or PT_STRING8
            [I]  'here's the beef
            [/I]  set Table = CreateObject("Redemption.MAPITable")
       Table.Item = MAPIFolder.Items
       Columns(0) = PR_FILE_UNDER
       Table.Columns = Columns
       Table.GoToFirst
       Rows = Table.GetRows(Table.RowCount)
       for i = LBound(Rows) to UBound(Rows)
         Row = Rows(i)
         Debug.Print(Row(0))
       next
     End If
Any idea how to quickly fill a VBA array with Name, Email Address and Notes field of each of the contact entries on the folder from the local machine? Also is there any online reference that uses these code snippets in a fully functioning environment? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Edit subject - and change conversationTopic - using VBA and redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Redemption VBA basics...something's missing Using Outlook 0
J 64-bit version of Redemption? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Redemption access AppointmentItem Label from outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
E Redemption MAPI access(c#) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
W Redemption::RDOMail.PrintOut() / DoAction(maPrint) not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Use Redemption to get sender's email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M EMail1Address and EMail1AddressType strangeness using Redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Creating Redemption.MAPIUtils failed with Windows 7 x64 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D href tags does not result in the full url with Redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Redemption Foldes.Add doesn't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Redemption Foldes.Add doesn't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Redemption.RDOSession logon() stops emails sending-they stay in Ou Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Should I switch to redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
E Should I switch to redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
C Redemption - Rules for outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Error in Outlook Object Model with redemption and google apps prem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Redemption Send EMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
S redemption reference Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Configure mailbox OutofOffice with Redemption Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D redemption dll not registering in windows vista Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Y Redemption MessageItem SaveAs problem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Newbie Redemption ISafeMailItemPtr question Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Q GAL.ResolveName issue with REDEMPTION Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Q REDEMPTION HANGING during LOGON Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Redemption not working on OL2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Redemption Send EMail fails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S delete appointmentitem permanently using redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D redemption - foldercreate event + delegate user Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
C Assign To and CC list while using Redemption.dll library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
U Re: Read fields with Redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V redemption MAPIUtils Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P OT: Need website like this one, but for Excel Using Outlook 0
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
D Need help with MS Authenticator Using Outlook 4
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
FryW Need help modifying a VBA script for in coming emails to auto set custom reminder time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
B Need to Copy an email to a subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Do I need Exchange Add-In? Using Outlook 6
L Need help modifying a VBA script for emails stuck in Outbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K Need to convert .mmf file to .pst format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
glnz Moving from Outlook 2003 to MS365 Outlook - need basics Using Outlook 4
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
A Wishlist Arthur workman I need the community's assistance thank you Using Outlook 3
A from Arthur to anyone I need your expertise assistance Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
T Need to backup outlook.com to cloud storage, without desktop software - Testing UpSafe. Are there any similar services? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8