Category List

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not yet. Waiting to see what my experts have to say.

Any chance of an update? Would love to do things through the categories showing the contacts from all folders and subfolders to a specific category. Thanks to the Smart Woman!!!!!!;)

No word yet on how to do it - and I have no idea, so I'm not smart enough. :)

Nah... used up my smartness on the other question. :) You can use LBound(strContact) To UBound(strContact) to create an array but I'm not sure its going to be workable.

Here is the code that shows two folders etc.....but what do is change per what you wrote please?Private Sub ddlCategories_Change()
Dim objOutlook As outlook.Application
Dim objNS As outlook.NameSpace
Dim objFolder As outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim objFolder2 As outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim objFolder3 As outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim ctc As ContactItem
Dim Category As String

Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set objFolder2 = objOutlook.Session.GetDefaultFolder(OlDefaultFolders.olFolderContacts).Folders("Test")
Set objFolder3 = objOutlook.Session.GetDefaultFolder(OlDefaultFolders.olFolderContacts).Folders("Family")
Set objFolder = objFolder3
Category = Me.ddlCategories.Text

Me.ddlContacts.Clear

For Each ctc In objFolder.items
If ctc.Categories = Category Then
Me.ddlContacts.AddItem ctc.FullName
End If
Next

End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim Category
For Each Category In Application.Session.Categories
Me.ddlCategories.AddItem Category
Next

End Sub

Any possible update? See above.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

In using the following code referencing a subfolder, if there is a subfolder of the subfolder, what do i add to reference the subfolder of the subfolder. The subfolder of Family is Cousins

Set objFolder3 = objOutlook.Session.GetDefaultFolder(OlDefaultFolde rs.olFolderContacts).Folders("Family")

Just add another .folders("foldername") to the end.

thanks....i figured out how to make sure that goes to the sub-subfolder ...and it does....but the code I was given to show the contact name from a subfolder, does not refer to a sub-subfolder....so here is the words I added that got me to the contact names in the subfolders.....so what can I change so it does it for the sub-subfolders as well ....please!!!!
For Each subFolder In objOutlook.Session.GetDefaultFolder(OlDefaultFolders.olFolderContacts).Folders
addItem subFolder, Category
Next

End Sub

Private Sub addItem(subFolder, categoriesName As String)
For Each ctc In subFolder.items
If ctc.Categories = categoriesName Then
Me.ddlContacts.addItem ctc.FullName
End If
Next
End Sub

The first subfolder of the Contacts, is "Test" and the two subfolders of the subfolder "Test" are "SubTest" and "SubTest2"

I added following code line that then shows the contact names of the contacts in the SubTest and SubTest2 and it works but it is only related to the subfolders of the subfolder "Test"

So is there as a quick to change the following so it takes care of all subfolders from all subfolders instead just from one subfolder called "Test"

For Each subFolder In objOutlook.Session.GetDefaultFolder(OlDefaultFolders.olFolderContacts).Folders("Test").Folders
addItem subFolder, Category
Next

Thanks very much...but I am not the SMART WOMAN!;););) Can write down what and where to put it to try it???? And anything I need to change or delete.

You need to go through each contact in each folder and create a string. In looking at that code again and your macro, I'm not sure it will do what you want, except maybe for this part -

You'll need to do something like

For each olContact Contact
strList = chr(34) & fullname & chr(34) & "," & strList

Next

loop through all folders. It's really not a good way as its going to be slow as you need to read all contacts.

Where do I put this And if this is added to the Userform code, is there anything to delete from my first code?

Status
Not open for further replies.