Understanding Calendars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi; I'm looking to get directed to somewhere that I can get an overview of understanding different calendars and contact lists across different platforms. I use Outlook 2010, and have an android phone which I have been using a Gmail account. I have been successful for the most part in syncing those two, but recently my company issued corporate iPhones to my department, along with corporate email addresses that run off of their exchange system. I can get my mail on both the android phone and the iPhone, but it is getting more complicated with my contacts/address book and my calendar to work across windows, android and apple based systems. I'm not really thrilled with how the iPhone handles these, but with transferring messages back and forth along with calls I find myself using the iPhone mostly throughout the day, and my own personal android phone less, but I have an android tablet which is great for getting a visible overview of my calendar while I am talking with a customer and scheduling appointments. I work outside in the field primarily and keep a pretty fluid appointment schedule. It would be great if I could integrate all of these simply, or use different calendars for different categories of tasks i.e. personal, work, specific work tasks, etc. I am trying to understand how this might work, but when I research these I find a lot of times I spend a lot of time on articles that end up not being what I wanted to learn. I am wondering is there some kind of resource that simply explains how each calendar/contacts system works without being an advertisement for why to choose the authors based system as superior to others. The biggest frustration I am having right now, is the first iPhone I got ended up being a lemon, and was sent a replacement, and now I cant seem to even get my own contact information into the contact list, and I'm afraid if I'm missing that, then maybe I'm missing appointments I have scheduled. That has happened more than a couple of times since I started using the iPhone, where a client would call me and say they have been waiting a couple of hours for me to show up, and I don't even remember the appointment because it was made weeks before.

You want your work calendar/contacts on both iphone and android? If the account is configured as an Exchange account, you'll get both.

I don't have an android, but i know the iphone syncs perfectly with Exchange using ActiveSync and pulls the calendar and contacts in. The droid also uses ActiveSync and works the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Understanding Outlook Identities Using Outlook 1
D Need help understanding which pst-file to use! Using Outlook 0
N Understanding folders in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 6
B Understanding Send connectors Exchange Server Administration 2
J Hide/disable "Groups", "Shared Calendars" Using Outlook 2
T Never-ending Reminders in Shared Calendars Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 365 How to show all calendars at startup? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
P Syncing Outlook & iPhone Calendars Using Outlook 4
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 with iCloud account not syncing calendars Using Outlook 2
J Multiple calendars Using Outlook 0
Graham Hyman Outlook 2016 Internet Calendars appearing as deleted Using Outlook 4
C Pull Outlook shared calendars items from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Outlook 365 Searching all shared calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Gathering Calendar Appointments from Calendars that synced as Contacts Exchange Server Administration 1
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
B Sharing Outlook calendars gone wrong Using Outlook 0
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
D Sharing outlook.com calendars in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
D Sharing calendars Exchange Server Administration 1
P Outlook room resource calendars and best practices Exchange Server Administration 0
K Can VBA intervene when updating Internet Calendars? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Sync Calendars using WiFI Using Outlook 3
P Can't sync iPhone calendars with Outlook Using Outlook 4
L Calendars in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
Carrie Dickey Outlook 2016 created two calendars titled Calendar1 - appear to be a copy Using Outlook 2
A Helping OL remember which calendars were selected Using Outlook 6
Diane Poremsky New in Office 365 and Outlook.com: Interesting Calendars Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Combine and Print Multiple Outlook Calendars Using Outlook 0
Jeanne Goodman Create Printout from Multiple Shared Calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
Diane Poremsky Publishing Calendars on the Internet or an Intranet Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Printing Calendars with Color Categories Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Select Multiple Calendars in Outlook Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Sharing Outlook.com Calendars Using Outlook 0
C Merge two archive calendars Using Outlook 1
makinmyway Appointments Created in iCloud Calendars Cover Contacts Field...Why? Using Outlook 3
Mark Foley Time span on WebDAV published Calendars does not appear to be working Using Outlook 7
M Reminders or Notifications for Internet Calendars Using Outlook 1
M Copy new appointments created in multiple shared calendars to another exchange calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Print Monthly or Work Week Calendars Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky No drop down calendars in Outlook 2010 Print Options Using Outlook 0
H Other peoples calendars going on the left Using Outlook 1
J Printing Mulitple Calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Print Monthly or Work Week Calendars Using Outlook 0
M Un-needed Calendars Using Outlook 1
R Automating from excel into shared Calendars Using Outlook 1
M Not All Outlook.com Calendars Showing in Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 18
T populating multiple calendars without invites Using Outlook 1