outlook data file casnnot be accessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedro_sailor

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
My system crashed and did a complete factory reinstall. I got everything back. I am using office 2013. My problem is I didn't have my addresses or drafts so I exported them from my old computer using outlook 2010. Now I have my old drafts and Address book and can create emails but cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone help?

Do you get any send and receive error messages? I'm assuming you have an account configured in outlook... go to file, account settings and select the account. Click the change folder at the bottom of the dialog and select the inbox.

I agree with - Diane Poremsky.

You need to make sure that Inbox folder is selected in new message delivery folder.

You are lucky that is here for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Advanced search terms for "Outlook Data File" Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2016 Unable to load Outlook data pst file Using Outlook 5
K How to access emails found to be located in "Top of Outlook data file"? Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky How to Compact the Data File When you Close Outlook Using Outlook 0
S Outlook data file cannot be accessed message Using Outlook 5
L outlook data file confusion Using Outlook 1
O Win10 Office 2013 Outlook Calendar Data File? Using Outlook 1
R can I transfer outlook data from old pc by using .ost file instead of the .pst Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Moving an Outlook offline data file (*.ost) Using Outlook 3
C After a virus attack, The file... is not an Outlook data file (.pst) Using Outlook 1
H Can't change the location of the Data File (.ost) in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2013 asking for outlook data file password, there is no password Using Outlook 2
reefclaw Outlook 2013 Cannot set outlook.com account as default data file Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
R Body of email not visible in Outlook Data File Sent Folder Using Outlook 4
P Error Message “Your Outlook Data File cannot be configured” Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2010 trying to default Data file to outlook.com calendar Using Outlook 6
V Outlook Data File (PST) - Auto Backup Solution Using Outlook 3
E Can't Set a Particular Account as an Outlook Data File Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2010 IMAP Sent Items some items appear in Outlook Data File Using Outlook 3
B Remove Outlook data file using another PC Using Outlook 1
W Cannot delete Outlook 2010 data file Using Outlook 1
T Default account - Outlook Data File Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2010 - can't send/receive data file cannot be accessed Using Outlook 10
M Backup Outlook Data File BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R how to (re)set the default data file for Outlook in a VB program Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Outlook 2016: Want IMAP Data Files on My D: Drive and Not C: Drive Using Outlook 1
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 10
T Extract Data From Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 0
F outlook.com Exchane Server corrupts data Since September 2019 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
T Extract Data From Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 0
R "Can't store Outlook data files under the AppData folder. Please choose another folder." Using Outlook 6
C How to export Outlook data to csv? Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2016 Requesting data from server Using Outlook 0
Sofia Manni Some of my favorite data in outlook. Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2016 Will Not Show Any Data In the People Pane Using Outlook 17
Commodore Search cannot complete the indexing of your Outlook data Using Outlook 6
P Microsoft Outlook is requesting data from the server Using Outlook 2
J Calendar data can be viewed on Outlook.com, but no longer syncs to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
P How to copy and append data from Outlook 2016 message into Excel 2016 workbook Using Outlook 0
T Uploading Outlook 2016 Contacts to Exchange Server Drops "Company" field data in 30% of records Exchange Server Administration 4
R Exporting Excel data to Outlook 2016 Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 20
Diane Poremsky Use a macro to copy data in Outlook email to Excel workbook Using Outlook 0
X Outlook script to run excel data Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Use a macro to copy data in Outlook email to Excel workbook Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2013 - transfer autocomplete data Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky More Tools and Utilities for Sharing Outlook Data Using Outlook 0
Z Default VBA code for extracting data from email (Outlook) to Excel? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Outlook ICloud Data Folder Using Outlook 2
A Macro to Copy Data from Outlook to Excel Spreadsheet Using Outlook 2