Moving an Outlook offline data file (*.ost)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
A
Hi Diane. I am using Office 365 Home Premium and I have ten Gmail accounts that I am viewing on Outlook in an IMAP setting. I don't have any other emails accounts other than with Gmail. I am running out of space on my C: drive and would like all Outlook related data moved to a new drive on my computer. This was the case previously when I was using Outlook 2010, but after updating, I seem to have taken a turn for the worse on my C: drive. I have spent over 6 hours with various Microsoft technical support people and they have just wasted my time. Please advise if it is possible to move all Outlook data to another drive with IMAP settings for Gmail accounts.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It is possible. Set the forcepstpath key, so they will be moved if you ever have to recreate the accounts in the future. if the accounts don't have a lot of mail to resync, deleting and recreating the accounts is probably the easiest... if the data files are huge, it might be easier to move the data files (rather than waiting for them to resync) then follow the steps under moving a pst header at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/config/how-to-move-the-imap-personal-folder-pst/ to repoint the accounts to the moved pst files.

also, if you are using the 'this computer only' folders for calendar and contacts, export the folders to a pst before you do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.