Moving outlook data/profile from windows 2010 to mac 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yochi

Outlook version
Outlook 2011 for Mac
Email Account
POP3
I have been using outlook on my PC (32 bit) and have a lot of data stored in multiple libraries and sub-libraries. I now moved to Mac and am using Office 2011. since all my data files are stored in Dropbox I have no problem with them. But, I do not know how to move all my Outlook data. I have two e-mail accounts. One is gmail and the other is POP (with outgoing mail going through Gmail). Is there a way to do the transfer painlessly or should I stick with my existing Outlook 2010 and work with Parallels (which is a memory killer) as I have been doing for a while? Thank you

IMAP is not a problem - both outlook 2011 and 2010 can share it and have identical content. POP3 is download only, so that leaves you with one possible solution if you can't set it up as IMAP. Set up the pop3 account in 2011. Create a folder in GMAIL, move the pop3 email from Outlook 2010 into the folder. Once its on the mac, you could move it out of the gmail folders and into POP3 folders.

Thank you, Diane. Now how do i conduct all these moves/transfers?

GMAIL: nothing needs done as long as you had IMAP on both Outlooks.

POP3: If your server does not support IMAP, create a folder in the Gmail IMAP account and select all, then drag the messages to the new folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Diane Poremsky Moving an Outlook offline data file (*.ost) Using Outlook 3
M which Outlook recommended to buy for moving Outlook 2000 versions Contact Data Using Outlook 2
M moving custom field data between outlook and excel? Using Outlook 4
J Moving Outlook data from one PC to another Using Outlook 6
K Moving data from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2007 with BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Moving "tasks" to inbox in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
F Moving Outlook to new PC Using Outlook 0
glnz Moving from Outlook 2003 to MS365 Outlook - need basics Using Outlook 4
T I'm thinking about moving from outlook.com to the Outlook I have in my Office 365 Using Outlook 1
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Outlook 2010 'freezes' before moving emails Using Outlook 2
P Moving Outlook.pst & archive1.pst Using Outlook 3
A Moving archived contents in Outlook 2007 back into working folders Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook.com is moving to Office 365! Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Moving Outlook to a New Computer Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook Using Outlook 0
M1ck53 Moving Outlook Using Outlook 9
E Moving autoarchive settings to new computer (Outlook 2007) Using Outlook 1
R Moving contacts from ICloud back to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
A Outlook 2013 EAS: moving message causes duplicates Using Outlook 3
A Moving .msg files back into outlook Using Outlook 2
G Moving "Delete" button on Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 1
S Moving folders from outlook 2010 to a new computer with outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
A Outlook VBA - moving mail item to public folder using variable within path Using Outlook 6
O New to Outlook 2013, dealing with copying vs. moving sent items Using Outlook 0
O Moving OUtlook 2003 from bad XP to Win 7 Pro 64 -- URGENT! Using Outlook 8
P Outlook 2013 rules -- not working reliably -- moving messages to wrong boxes Using Outlook 0
D Tons of issues moving Outlook accounts Using Outlook 1
A moving outlook 2002 from xp to win 7 or 8 Using Outlook 2
B Opening a saved Outlook customized form after moving it to another folder Using Outlook 2
I Outlook moving random messages from folders back to the inbox Using Outlook 1
N Moving communication history and activities from BCM to OUtlook BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
N Moving contacts and activities from BCM to OUtlook BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
P Moving from 2010 to 365 Using Outlook 3
Abraham Outlook 2013 Lost my folders when moving from PST to IMAP Using Outlook 11
R Moved 6 months worth (approx 1500 emails) lost from moving from TPG inbox to Icloud inbox (folders) Using Outlook 3
A Moving Public Folders to New Database Exchange Server Administration 3
R Problem moving file “Email folders.pst” to new PC Using Outlook 5
E Having some trouble with a run-a-script rule (moving mail based on file type) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
F Moving Contacts to New Profile Using Outlook 0
J Moving Imported folder Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
A .restrict results changing after moving to Exchange online Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Moving .OST file location unsuccessful! Using Outlook 6
M Moving mail to another folder is much slower than before (Office365) Using Outlook 0
D Any updates or fixes that would make this code stop working just moving emails to another folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Moving account, contacts & emails to another H/D with MSOutlook Using Outlook 5
M I'm Having problems Moving Contacts to a New List Using Outlook 8
D Moving Emails Based on Recipient/Sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4