Recurrence for N times, and one gets cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2021 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Seems strange that no one at Microsoft didn't think of this (unless it's a common calendar services "bug"/feature everywhere)... If you create an appointment with recurrence (using an option to "end after N occurrences"), and you delete one occurrence somewhere in the middle later on (because it was cancelled, falls on holiday, etc.), the system won't add an additional occurrence at the end -- only that one occurrence gets deleted and you end up with N-1 occurrences altogether.

Any way to change this behavior? Or do we just need to keep in mind to add an additional occurrence manually at the end, whenever we delete one in the middle?

I think its "by design" because you are not really setting N occurrences, you are letting outlook calculate the end date based on the recurrence pattern and number of occurrences.

Rather than delete the occurrence, move it to the desired replacement date - you can open it and change the date or drag it.

I tried that, but it says "Cannot reschedule an occurrence of the recurring appointment "xyz" if it skips over a later occurrence of the same appointment". :D

oh, yeah, i forgot about that. You need to keep them in order in the series. I think 2010 still allows you to copy it and then you can change the date, but the copy is not a recurring apt - just a single one with the same basic details. At least that is how it works in older versions - in either 2010 or 2013, they changed the behavior when copying recurring events and it copies the series, not one event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Recurrence pattern blank on recurring meetings? Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2013 Task Recurrence - Third Friday After the Second Tuesday Using Outlook 2
G Arggh, weakness of reminder for every Task recurrence Using Outlook 0
W Recurrence: delete older occurrences / change earliest start time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
JoeG Appointment Delete/Change Recurrence Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Custom form not showing when recurrence is set for a meeting Using Outlook 0
C Find all deleted recurrence appointments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
skylark53 Advanced recurrence problem Using Outlook 2
M Clear custom date field after recurrence Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Recurrence and custom fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Commander1 Task Recurrence Settings Using Outlook 3
Jennifer Murphy Regenerate recurrence not working Using Outlook 3
A Appointment recurrence reset to 'end after 25 occurrences' Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Appointment recurrence setting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Creating yearly recurrence appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
H Creating recurrence appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Change Start Time in Recurrence of an Appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W How do I calculate the next recurrence date? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Get selected option in recurrence range group Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Cathy Rhone gmail listed multiple times Using Outlook 3
O Tasks - how to display "snoozed" tasks and snooze-times? Using Outlook 7
J Diane's Delay Delivery at Specific Times Questions Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can you set reminder to specific times? Using Outlook 7
T Outlook 2016 Unresponsive 30/40+ Times A day Using Outlook 3
Z Outlook 2013 Gmail IMPA emails not showing dates only showing times Using Outlook 1
C VBA to Forward e-mails from certain address and between certain times Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Dialog called up multiple times when saving emails from macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Delay Delivery of Messages Sent at Specific Times Using Outlook 0
P Appointment times are off by one minute Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Setting Custom Reminder Times Using Outlook 0
S Mails getting downloaded multiple times Using Outlook 1
T outlook cal for mac changes times of recurring meetings on its own Using Outlook 1
J Change reminder times of future appointments Using Outlook 1
A After receiving the same email 3 times, Outlook starts sending it to junk Using Outlook 1
R 2013 64-bit Due times (deadlines) on tasks: how to set Using Outlook 1
X When travel between time zones Calendar Daily Items a fixed times vs Meetings? Using Outlook 2
O Outlook Calendar 2007 - Invitation Times Using Outlook 19
K Can Outlook be launched with the /cleanreminders switch multiple times? Using Outlook 2
E Outlook rule only active certain times of day Using Outlook 6
G appointment times are wrong Using Outlook 3
N How can i hsve appointments and events to not display start or finish times Using Outlook 2
A Problem syncing any changes to appointment times on PDAs ... Using Outlook 11
M Outlook 2010 is loading many times already received emails from external acc. Using Outlook 4
B Sorting suggested times in room finder Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2007 Reminder Times Change When User Changes Time Zone in Date/Time Using Outlook 4
B Recurring meeting times off by several hours Exchange Server Administration 5
J Can't print appointment times on Monthly View Calendar? Using Outlook 4
J Can't print appointment times on Monthly View Calendar? Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 10 not showing Proposed New Times Using Outlook 1
L Event trigers only first two times from FromRegion. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4