Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatih

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,
I have a problem with grouping by conversation. My mailbox is moved to a new exchange 2013 server at work. Before this there was no problem with grouping. After moving to new mailbox, outlook started to group only some of the e-mails. I checked and saw that grouped by conversation emails have thread id and thread index fields in header but some of the emails do not have these fields and they are not grouped by conversation. Before mailbox move I was able to group all of the mails. How can i solve this issue?
Thanks in advance for you comments.

Hmm. Were you on Exchange before? The grouping should have stuck and unfortunately, there is no way to fix it, unless it was the result of the way the mailbox was moved.

If you were on Exchange 2007 or older, Outlook's group by conversation was 'broken' and it grouped some messages by subject - the upgrade would fix that but going forward, all new messages should group correctly. It's possible that upgrade to conversations wasn't run after the migration (or it was and this is the result).

More on the issue with conversations in Exchange 2003 or 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/email/outlooks-conversation-view-isnt-working/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P problem with set up group by conversation in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
N Can't create NEW GROUP and add/remove a member from existing Group in Outlook Using Outlook 1
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
K Outlook 2016 - controlling IMAP OST size with Group Policy not working Using Outlook 1
M Outlook .com group does not show up in Outlook for office 365 home Using Outlook 3
C out of space in file group Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Delete an Outlook Group Using Outlook 0
C in outlook 2007-Contact Group-One name have 3 mail id-its possible? Using Outlook 3
M Outlook.com Group Contacts Not Showing in Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
T Outlook.com calendar as Group Calendar for Outlook 2013 users Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
J Outlook 2013 - Exchange 2007 manage distribution group Exchange Server Administration 1
A Contact Group issues Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
E Outlook contact group lists corrupted Using Outlook 8
A Problem sync group goole calendar with outlook 2001 Using Outlook 0
I How to send just a few emails at a time to a large group in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2010 - Group within a group Using Outlook 1
P Exporting group members from Outlook address group Using Outlook 11
B Exchange 2010 / Outlook 2010 - Group Folder issues Exchange Server Administration 6
S [outlook-users] Create contact group from other user's contacts Using Outlook 1
J Outlook - rules and Alerts - from group Using Outlook 3
O Outlook 2010 - How to create custom Group By Arrangements for email Using Outlook 3
T Unable to edit Distribution Group membership via Outlook (works via ECP). Exchange Server Administration 7
J Using Group Policy to control Outlook security/attachments behaviour Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Outlook Macro to do a send/receive on specific group Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0