Date/Time Field Natural Language Usage in VBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simpsojp

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
I've searched around for an answer and couldn't find one so I'll ask the experts:

Can VBA make use of Outlook's powerful natural language interpretation of Date/Time entries made to a custom userform?

Here is my scenario:
I've got a userform acting as an in/out board for our office. Users open a form and input whether they are in or out, and if leaving, they have the option of saying where they are going and when they will be back. As the form uses the Outlook Date/Time field, input syntax is very very flexible and works great. Unfortunately, this isn't easy enough, and most people don't take the time to open the "in/out board", open their personal form and fill it in before leaving.

I have a macro written that executes when Outlook closes and asks where you are going and when you will be back then automatically fills in the form data. My problem is that unless the inputbox entry isn't properly formatted as a date, the string is posted to the form's textbox incorrectly. Users can't type "tomorrow" or "Monday" or other natural language inputs as they can on the actual form. Obviously format(), cdate(), datepart(), etc. can help with certain instances, but there's no way I can emulate, with code, the flexibility of the actual field.

So, if there is a VBA function that can use the date/time field directly, or if a macro can write to the form, then process the form it as if a user had actually typed it themselves, we'd have the perfect solution!

Thanks for the help!
-Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Making a Date field mandatory in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook User defined date field (UDF) not syncing Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Display the Created Date field of any Outlook item New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M Clear custom date field after recurrence Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Combining date and time into one field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Userform Field Month and Date. Using Outlook 19
G Calculated Date Field In Message Body Using Outlook 1
J Form design - how do I insert an automatic date/time field? Using Outlook 2
H Messages sit in Outbox; Date field above the message particulars reads 'None.' Using Outlook 2
P New Contact date field Using Outlook 2
Z Business Contact Manger 2007 - Business Project Form Start Date Field Using Outlook 2
C Message staying in Outbox with "none" in date field - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
S Export (from old computer) and then importing emails into new shows date field as 'NONE'. Using Outlook 4
0 Add a date stamp to the note field of a custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How can I export the "Created" date field in contacts? Using Outlook 3
T date/time field, current year Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C date formulas / mathematics, setting a field one hour past another field value Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V 10 Years calenders -single date together Exchange Server Administration 8
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
X If you change expiration date of repeated task it dupplicates Using Outlook 1
D Archive by receive date not working Using Outlook 2
P Auto Insert Current Date or Time into Email Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Ctrl Alt d date stamp use Using Outlook 1
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
witzker Outlook 2010 Insert Date & Time at the button of an OL contactform in red Using Outlook 2
O Tasks - Is there a postponed date column? Using Outlook 7
J Command Button to stamp a date and time in a textbox in Outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Outlook Archive to PST Files by Date Range VBA Script? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Save and rename outlook email attachments to include domain name & date received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F Finding Meetings/Tasks in a date range Using Outlook 1
W Save Outlook attachment in network folder and rename to current date and time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 18
M Macro to add date/time stamp to subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
V Changing default date for task follow-up buttons Using Outlook 2
J Old unread emails on current date (MDaemon Server) Using Outlook 1
D Outlook macro with today's date in subject and paste clipboard in body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Need VBA code to automatically save message outside outlook and add date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Search by date macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S set a flag task date as the next weekday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K Daily task list > show tasks on the exact due date and not on the "current date" Using Outlook 1
I Email Replied for first time Date/Time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Outlook 2010 disable date auto-complete Using Outlook 2
L set task reminder date to same as start date (without affecting due date) Using Outlook 0
Patrick van Berkel Best way to share (and keep up-to-date) Macro's in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
GregS "Your <mail provider> settings are out of date" Using Outlook 0
C Recurring Task End Date Varies Using Outlook 3
P Date Picker in email Using Outlook 4
S stop calendar date reverting to today Using Outlook 7
oliv- .RESTRICT returning birthdays regardless of the filtering date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
sneaky30 convert text to date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1