Offline folders password forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.

anothersite

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
How do I get Outlook to stop asking for the password for the "offline folders?"

Apparently, I set a password for some of my "offline folders." I do not recall doing this, so needless to say I have forgotten the password. I can recover the information in the "offline folders" from an OST file to a PST file. (I am not happy about paying for the privilege. Oh well.) From the PST file, I can access the data without typing the password. Which leaves the problem: How do I get Outlook to stop asking for the password for the "offline folders?"

Is there an equivalent to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\%name_of_profile%\13dbb0c8aa05101a9bb000aa002fc45a\001f6610 for Outlook 2003 in Windows 7 Professional?

Thanks

Is it asking for the password for the folders or for the email account? Typically, the password for offline folders is your account password. If the account is no longer valid and it opens in outlook, export the contents to a pst file and remove the account from your profile.

if it is a pst file - use a password recovery tool (these are free).

Thanks for your suggestions. I have the password for the email account. Outlook is asking for the password for the Offline folders.

Screenshot 1 shows the popup when Outlook starts. Sometimes, Outlook becomes not responsive.

Screenshot 2 shows the offline folders that are the problem.

Screenshot 3 shows the popup when offline folders are clicked on if Outlook manages to start up.

I have a copy of the files in offline folders that I can get from an OST file. I need the errors to go away.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.pdf
    29.6 KB · Views: 458
  • Screenshot 2.pdf
    4.1 KB · Views: 469
  • Screenshot 3.pdf
    35.8 KB · Views: 471
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Outlook 365 Outlook (part of 365) now working offline - argh Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 2019 accesses POP3 but says its offline (because of IMAP servers?) Using Outlook 0
Commodore Automatic switch between working offline/online Using Outlook 4
B Clear Offline Items (Mail Folder) via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R How can I access my emails from corrupt offline files of MS Outlook ? Using Outlook 1
hbmiller Outlook for Mac Keeps Dropping Offline Using Outlook 2
soadfan Outlook won't send e-mail when offline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 19
W Receiving messages in offline mode Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J VBA to switch Outlook online/offline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T BCM 2010 randmoly going offline BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
L Clear Offline (Task) Items using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Convert an Offline File (.ost) to a Personal File (.pst) Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Moving an Outlook offline data file (*.ost) Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Using Offline Sync Filters Using Outlook 0
DBoss Outlook 2013 as offline GMail IMAP Sync Using Outlook 1
2 How to use outlook 2003 calendar in always offline mode Using Outlook 0
Jennifer Murphy Why would I want to send/receive when offline? Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2010 stuck in Work Offline mode; trouble sending email Using Outlook 1
D how to display email images when "working offline" Using Outlook 3
J Error: 0X8004010F - Microsoft Exchange offline address book Exchange Server Administration 9
J Export custom views from offline OST Exchange Server Administration 4
R Problems sending via POP profile when offline from Exchange Using Outlook 7
R Deleting the offline address book Using Outlook 1
D Unable to open hotmail, error hotmail.ost is not an offline folder file Using Outlook 3
M Change from working offline to online Using Outlook 2
R BCM 2010 error creating offline copy of shared database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Need code snippet to read offline PST file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Offline database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Creating Offline Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
S Cannot create offline database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
D BCM Offline BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
I Displaying my Online/Offline Status BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
J how do I accomplish offline archiving of email? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Offline BCM Problem BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P How to know Outlook is being started in Offline mode? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Is a form published in Org folder accessible offline to users ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D offline fatabase on laptop not remembering TASKS dates BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M BCM 2007 Can not create Offline Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
E Offline Billable Items from Business Contact Manager/BCM not Appea BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
G Search Folders and Jump to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
icacream Outlook 2021 Win 10 - Nothing goes in my Drafts or Sent items folders ! Using Outlook 1
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
CWM550 Saving Data: Don't check certain folders Using Outlook 2
J Unable to delete folders in Outlook 2019 / Windows Using Outlook 0