Not open for further replies.

Ian Thomas

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
I'm sure this worked a month ago. Now I get this error message
upload_2015-12-22_19-21-14.png

I am using desktop Outlook 2013 64-bit, with activesync to my cloud Outlook.com account. I can Move email from folder to folder, but no longer can I Copy the email to another location. This is all within the same account (.ost file).

Windows 10 1511 update - if that is relevant.

ActiveSync doesn't upload mail, the outlook connector used by Outlook 2010 and under allowed uploads.

You need to use IMAP to upload - but with the move to Outlook.com, once your account is moved and you add it as an Exchange account, you'll be able to upload. Outlook.com is moving to Office 365!

ActiveSync doesn't upload mail, the outlook connector used by Outlook 2010 and under allowed uploads.

You need to use IMAP to upload - but with the move to Outlook.com, once your account is moved and you add it as an Exchange account, you'll be able to upload. Outlook.com is moving to Office 365!

I don't understand "upload" - unless you mean the fact that replicating an email (ie, having multiple copies of it) involves not just changing its folder location tag, so that each 'new' copy would involve upload to the Outlook.com store? Is that a crude explanation?

So, is it the change from my using (desktop) Outlook 2010 to (desktop) 2013 - my Outlook.com connection to it and its sync has been a constant - that is the difference that I am seeing?
I'm glad that on movement of my account, my organization of my emails will again be possible.

When you copy mail (or import, or move mail from a pst to outlook.com) you are uploading new mail. ActiveSync doesn't support this.

Outlook 2010 used the Outlook Connector and Delta Sync to connect to Outlook.com. Outlook 2013 and 2016 use ActiveSync to connect to the old server. Once your account migrates, you can use Exchange server. It's more robust and can do a lot more than either the connector or ActiveSync.

That makes sense.
Another, unrelated question: with Outlook 2013, desktop, I also have a PST attached (no email account associated).
But if I attach one of my saved* PST files (which is associated with a seldom-used email account; currently, I have it forwarded from the ISP that it's connected to) I assume that I will need the Microsoft Office Outlook/Hotmail Connector installed.
(I do have it installed - not uninstalled, assume it will do no harm with my current configuration of 1 x outlook.com + 1 x Hotmail.com email accounts).
* a month or more ago, a Windows Update to Office effectively destroyed my Outlook email setup, requiring me to rebuild the .OST parts from scratch - many Gb of stuff - so I changed from desktop Outlook 2010 to desktop Outlook 2013 and to another hard disk SSD boot machine as an interim.

But if I attach one of my saved* PST files (which is associated with a seldom-used email account; currently, I have it forwarded from the ISP that it's connected to) I assume that I will need the Microsoft Office Outlook/Hotmail Connector installed.
You don't need the connector - you just need to open the pst in Outlook using File, Open, Outlook Data file.

You can have several outlook.com accounts in your profile - at least 3, probably more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Mary B VBscript: Need to copy every email to a folder & mark that copy as read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mary B Outlook 2013: Rule for copying new email to folder & marking that copy as read Using Outlook 1
R Sending a copy of an incoming email to a network folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Copy email to different folder, works in 2003 but not 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
Z Copy specific email body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Need to Copy an email to a subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R Sending email copy (*.msg file) of sent email if subject line contains specific string. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K ind specific Subject line from outlook and copy the content of the email body to exce Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Stilgar Relsik Create a rule to copy text from an email and paste it in the subject line. Using Outlook 1
R Macro to copy email to excel - Runtime Error 91 Object Variable Not Set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
Diane Poremsky Use a macro to copy data in Outlook email to Excel workbook Using Outlook 0
G VBA Copy draft email to a new email - attachments not copided Using Outlook 7
C Copy email to excel runtime error 5020 Using Outlook 5
Q Why can't I copy image with embedded hyperlink from email to Word Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Use a macro to copy data in Outlook email to Excel workbook Using Outlook 0
L Copy email body fields to excel Using Outlook 0
C Copy Cell value from Excel and paste into current email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
D How to copy yahoo email folders to hard drive Using Outlook 2
J Copy email from preview pane with headers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S VBA to identify a specific email and copy the attachment from it to the network Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
L Outlook 2007 Copy Email Address in To Field Using Outlook 11
Aussie Looking for Outlook macro to Copy Recipient Names into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Macro to copy email body to new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Copy email address from outlook 2013/2010 Using Outlook 1
M Copy "To" Address Value from a Newly Created Email to the "To" Address Field of Custom Form Using Outlook 4
O Copy email content and paste into new Word Document using a different font Using Outlook 1
R Macro to copy email address Using Outlook 6
A Copying cc email addresses to Excel - does not copy the <joe.bloggs@isp.com> Using Outlook 1
R how to copy a list of email contacts and paste them only as names (not names + email address) Using Outlook 12
B Mark copy of sent email as read - VBA? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Copy Entire Email Content - Paste into new Task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Using copy paste to grab email addresses from the TO: address fiel Using Outlook 14
C Copy from one Profile to another Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
D Copy Appointment Body to Task Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M copy field value to custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O In Agenda-view - How to copy an existing item months ahead or back? Using Outlook 0
C Move or copy from field to field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 5
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
C Copy Move item won't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Commodore Move turns into "copy" Using Outlook 3
C Copy Outlook contact field value to another field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Copy to calendar function no longer working in outlook 365 Using Outlook 5
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Commodore Folders always closed in move/copy items dialog box Using Outlook 3