Prevent Outlook 2016 from using DASL filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrab

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have Outlook 2016 on Win10 & Outlook 2003 on WinXP. I copy Outlook.pst back & forth. Usually there's no problem. In Calendar view on WinXP, I have TaskPad set to show tasks that have the due date today. I also have, I think it's called To Do list or Peek, shown in Calendar view in Outlook 2016.

There are times when I copy from outlook.pst from 2016 to 2003 where the TaskPad doesn't show today's tasks because the filter is switched to dasl. I can change it back by going into Customize..., unchecking the dasl filter & using the Advanced tab to recreate the filter.

Is there a way to prevent Outlook 2016 from using the dasl filter?
If not, is there a way to have a macro in Outlook 2003 that will change the filter to today's tasks?

Thank you in advance.

TaskPad Filter.png

I suppose if I had the code that would always use today's tasks in the TaskPad, that would work too.
P.S. Is there a way to edit a post after it's posted?

P.S. Is there a way to edit a post after it's posted?
You should have like 10 or 15 min, then no.

I suppose if I had the code that would always use today's tasks in the TaskPad, that would work too.

its done with views... so and as far as I know, the taskpad is not programmable.

If you create the view in 2003 and move the pst back, does it reset the DASL?

You should have like 10 or 15 min, then no.
Strange. I couldn't find an option to edit. (Now I see it. I must have waited too long before.) :oops:
its done with views... so and as far as I know, the taskpad is not programmable.

If you create the view in 2003 and move the pst back, does it reset the DASL?
Yes, it sets it back to Customize... >Filter > Advanced > All tasks > Due Date > Today . I was just hoping for an easier way because sometimes copying from 2016 to 2003 doesn't change the view & sometimes it does. I don't know if there's an SQL code that will set the view to show today's tasks in the TaskPad, but I guess not.

Thank you!!

You have the same view options for all of task windows - but the task pads can only have 1 view. I thought 2003 had a SQL option... will need to see if I can find a VM with 2003 installed and check.

Is is pssoble to lock views - but I don't know if that will work for the taskpad or which view needs locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
oj43085 Prevent Outlook from blocking image from a single source Using Outlook 4
I How to prevent exchange email account from sending emails in Outlook Using Outlook 4
D Prevent Outlook from resolving incomplete contact when clicking send Using Outlook 2
K How to prevent that Outlook is sending before my add-in is finished? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Prevent Outlook from sending an email with a blank Subject Line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
O How to prevent image resize when pasting Using Outlook 2
D Prevent popup of "Do you want to save changes?" when closing after opening an appointment to view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O How to prevent CC from showing when creating a new mail? Using Outlook 1
A Prevent connection to Public Folders on Exchange? Exchange Server Administration 3
L OL 2016 contact: is there a way to prevent an admin from mistakenly deleting a contact? Using Outlook 1
D Multiple mailboxes, 1 certificate. How to prevent message "Invalid Certificate" Using Outlook 0
S How to prevent addins Using Outlook 0
makinmyway How Prevent Re-Formatting of Contact Notes Field When Syncing Using Outlook 10
Diane Poremsky Prevent Users From Choosing Stationery Using Outlook 0
evdbogaard How to prevent extra line feeds in replies Using Outlook 3
oliv- Prevent copying shared contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
K Prevent meeting requests being sent from a shared calendar in a group mailbox Using Outlook 1
N Prevent reminder dismisal in shared calendar Using Outlook 1
C Security Question - How to prevent users exporting .iaf files Using Outlook 5
B Item_Write = False don't prevent custom form from closing Using Outlook 1
T WAB editing: To help prevent malicious code from running.......... Using Outlook 18
N Allow Another User to Send on Behalf of But Prevent Access to Inbox Using Outlook 4
R Exchange 2010 archive-prevent users moving items direct to archive Exchange Server Administration 1
M Links prevent sending email Using Outlook 3
K Prevent sending Excel files as attachements Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G To Prevent Malicious Code from running, one or more objects in thi BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S To help prevent malicious code from running, one or more objects in this form were not loaded. For m Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Script to either modify "from" address or prevent a reply being se Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J prevent user from installing wrong version of add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z Prevent Changes to Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 9
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8