Status
Not open for further replies.

JunJieW

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi,

New to this forum and been finding solution to make my work easier.

Issue:
I need to forward system auto generated email to users in email body.

eg.
Related email: ABC.ZXC@gmail.com, QWE234@yahoo.com.au

I found @Diane Poremsky post on "find a code in the message body, then forward" and changed Regex pattern to suit my need

With Reg1
.Pattern = "(Related email:\s*([\w-\.]*\@[\w-\.]*)\s*)\.\s*([\w-\.]*\@[\w-\.]*)\s*)"
.IgnoreCase = True
.Global = False

However the result forward recipients is only the first email address. ie. ABC.ZXC@gmail.com. What i need is all email addresses after the word "related to: "

What is the correct pattern to regex those email addresses

Thank you in advance
JJ

Is it all on one line /one sentence, nothing else on the line, with the address separated by colons or semicolons?

If so, this should work - if not try with just \r or \n at the end.
(Related email:\s*(.*)\r\n)

If not, how are they formatted in the line?

Is it all on one line /one sentence, nothing else on the line, with the address separated by colons or semicolons?

If so, this should work - if not try with just \r or \n at the end.
(Related email:\s*(.*)\r\n)

If not, how are they formatted in the line?
Hi Diane,

Addresses are separated by comma in one sentence.

eg.
Related email: ABC.ZXC@gmail.com, QWE234@yahoo.com.au

My code below:

Sub FWNew(Item As Outlook.MailItem)

Dim Reg1 As Object
Dim M1 As Object
Dim M As Object
Dim strAddress As String

Set Reg1 = CreateObject("VBScript.RegExp")

With Reg1
.Pattern = "(Related email:\s*([\w-\.]*\@[\w-\.]*)\s*)\.\s*([\w-\.]*\@[\w-\.]*)\s*)"
.IgnoreCase = True
.Global = False
End With

If Reg1.test(Item.Body) Then

Set M1 = Reg1.Execute(Item.Body)
For Each M In M1
strAddress = M.SubMatches(1)
Next
End If

Set myForward = Item.Forward
myForward.Recipients.Add strAddress

myForward.Display

Hi @Diane Poremsky,

I managed to get the email addresses as my forward email recipients but encounter another error.

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)': Outlook does not recognize one or more names.

However the recipients email address become send-able if I leave it awhile which I believe outlook manage to find in address books.

Been googling and check forums but seems like there is no solution to this issue. I have tried the followings
1. Disable check names
2. Custom order of checking address lists in starting with the list with most address.

Any workaround?

Thank you in advance

Try changing this

to this (the Dim line can go at the top of the macro)

Dim objRecip As Recipient
Set objRecip = myForward.Recipients.Add(strAddress)
objRecip.Type = olTo ' olCC or olBCC
objRecip.resolve

Try changing this

to this (the Dim line can go at the top of the macro)

Dim objRecip As Recipient
Set objRecip = myForward.Recipients.Add(strAddress)
objRecip.Type = olTo ' olCC or olBCC
objRecip.resolve
Hi Diane,

Your resolve solution does not solve the error.

I notice if strAddress is only one email address no issue at all but I will have at least two email addresses.

Hi Diane,

Your resolve solution does not solve the error.

I notice if strAddress is only one email address no issue at all but I will have at least two email addresses.
Hi Diane,

How about adding a code to "Tab" olTo? This seems to work when I manually "Tab" To field in myForward.Display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O VBA - Regex - remove double line spacing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
shrydvd Highlight found RegEx pattern Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to assign the value returned by the regex execute function to a variable? Using Outlook 1
G regex to search for link in attachments? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4
Rupert Dragwater How to permanently remove an email address Using Outlook 9
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Auto changing email subject line in bulk Using Outlook 2
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 2019 Help with forwarding email without mentioning the previous email sender. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Shift Delete doesn't delete email from server Using Outlook 3
K Incorporate selection from combobox into body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Why are some email automatically going to "archive" Using Outlook 2
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Problem when requesting to view an email in a browser Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 365 Forward Email Subject to my inbox when new email arrive in shared inbox Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Archive Email Manually Using Outlook 1
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S New Email "From" box stopped working Using Outlook 0
Rupert Dragwater Duplicate email in Folder Using Outlook 7
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
MattC Changing the font of an email with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Specific Incoming Email Address Immediately Deleted Using Outlook 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0