Outlook 32-bit Connector and Outlook not displaying the folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaytee23

I've downloaded and installed Windows live hotmail 32 bit connector and this appeared to be successful as it shows up in Outlook 2003. I then added an email account which appears in the folder lists when I try to go to my inbox I get a message that says: ' Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location'.

:confused:

The inbox folder shows that there are 2 emails in there and 1 in junk..but I just can't open them.

I followed the instructions to the letter and I've spent ages searching online for the solution. I also posted a question on the windowslivehelp.com site and the reply was:

'Hi,

The Outlook Technical Support Team would be in a better position to address this issue. Please contact them by visiting this link:

Office Outlook 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/2520'

However, when I followed the instructions, it's asking me to pay a lot of money to ask the technical support team!

Any ideas? I'm starting to tear my hair out!

Thanks!

As soon as you mention 'outlook' to the live help group, they always push away. They can only help if the problem is with the server anyway.

Do you get any connection errors? What exactly happens when you try to open the messages?

Is this a new hotail account?

As soon as you mention 'outlook' to the live help group, they always push away. They can only help if the problem is with the server anyway.

Do you get any connection errors? What exactly happens when you try to open the messages?

Is this a new hotail account?

Thanks for your quick response!

Yes, it is a new hotmail account...well about 5 days old anyway.

When I click on the account I get a grey screen with the message 'Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location.'

I've taken a screen shot that I'll try and attach here if I can....

*10 frustrating minutes later* So I took a screen shot and saved it as a jpeg (90kb) file and tried uploading it here in the 'manage attachments' part of this message and it won't even let me do that. I get an exclamation mark symbol next to it and that's it.

Arrggghhh! I hate computers!

Oh..and I've just seen this post on another forum. Not giving me much hope that I'll find a problem..

Outlook unable to show hotmail folders after outlook connector upgrade

Subscribe via RSS

04 May 2010 14:54

The King Totoro

I was asked to upgrade my outlook connector while in Outlook 2003 yesterday. The version I downloaded was the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector 32-bit. However, after uploading and installing, I was not able to view my hotmail folders anymore. I was able to sync and see the number of new emails in this account but once I click on the folder, the message "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location" came up. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks!

Report as Abuse

* Yes
* No

Was this helpful?

05 May 2010 21:33

Dan E

There are a couple of us that are having the same problem. Another post is here http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.a...358c90f8#e63d648f-14cc-4828-a5a2-8941358c90f8

with no answer as of yet. Hoping that is gets resolved soon.

Report as Abuse

* Yes
* No

Was this helpful?

2 of 2 people found this post helpful.

08 June 2010 22:10

Moe_Mullet

I am having the exact same issue. Look forward to a fix.Report as Abuse

* Yes
* No

Was this helpful?

08 July 2010 19:56

Windows Live Support Team

Sorry for the delay in responding back to you. We have a new process to submit issues which need our moderators' assistance to be able to provide a quicker response to a customer's query. Please select the error/scenario that you are experiencing from the list below to submit your request and one of our moderators will get back to you at the earliest. Please copy paste the relevant URL in your browser to submit your request.

Error: "Our junk filters identified something suspicious in your message”

https://windowslivehelp.com/vi.aspx?id=fc6338a4-cc21-4143-88c5-b16e304667c6

Error: "This account is currently blocked from sending messages."

https://windowslivehelp.com/vi.aspx?id=5decdf98-7163-4774-8bb0-1a869f532f74

Error: "You must remove some recipients before you can send your message”

https://windowslivehelp.com/vi.aspx?id=99fe9b69-e8c7-42bd-b1ed-83d53876b39c

Error: “You have sent the maximum number of messages in a 24 hour period”

https://windowslivehelp.com/vi.aspx?id=6a583552-7157-400a-bebc-57e2b0166cd8

Lost or Deleted Contacts in Windows Live Hotmail

https://windowslivehelp.com/vi.aspx?id=8ee6ecea-a403-40f1-b981-59da91b58082

Lost or Deleted Emails in Windows Live Hotmail

https://windowslivehelp.com/vi.aspx?id=2312493b-27c4-48cc-84d5-c3632e6e33e4

If your issue/question is not related to any of the errors/scenarios mentioned above, please reply back to this post and provide us a detailed description of your issue along with your email address.

Thank you for your time.

Report as Abuse

* Yes
* No

Was this helpful?

Did the screenshot have the extension jpg or jpeg? If jpeg, it was probably too large. jpg and png were set to allow larger file sizes and larger pixel sizes.

P.s Now I can see that there is a 'sync issues' folder listed within hotmail folders of the new email address I added to Outlook and it ahas 3 messages in it..but I can't access them....

New users are also limited to smaller attachments. It was set to 500 bytes (total), is now 5000 bytes. I also moved you into the Registered user group which has much higher attachment storage limit.

P.s Now I can see that there is a 'sync issues' folder listed within hotmail folders of the new email address I added to Outlook and it ahas 3 messages in it..but I can't access them....

Do you see a button in the right of the status bar? It should have a log in it. I'm looking for a 4 digit error code.

New users are also limited to smaller attachments. It was set to 500 bytes (total), is now 5000 bytes. I also moved you into the Registered user group which has much higher attachment storage limit.

Great! It now works...Thank you! :)

So.... the screenshot of what happens when I try and open a folder should hopefully now be attached.

Attachments

• outlook.jpg
    outlook.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 640
Do you see a button in the right of the status bar? It should have a log in it. I'm looking for a 4 digit error code.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...I've attached what I see on the bottom right of my screen. It's the only thing I can see that says 'server status' and It's light grey and nothing happens when I click on it.

Attachments

• server status.JPG
    server status.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 557
Status
Not open for further replies.